Motivation!!

Jump to Last Post 1-19 of 19 discussions (65 posts)
  1. profile image0
    sophsposted 14 years ago

Morning Hubber's!
    I am having 'one of those days' I have lot's to write and loads to do but just cannot get motivated!!  sad
    Do you ever have these days? If so, what do you do to get yourself motivated!!? smile smile

1. profile image0
      Pani Midnyte Odinposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I've got the same problem right now. I have so much to write, but so little motivation. So I've been surfing the web. I call it research, but exactly how addictinggames.com helps me research any of my topics, I'm not quite sure? Anyway, it'll come to you eventually. And I'll be following this thread as well so I can get some motivational tips too lol

1. profile image0
        sophsposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Hey Pani, hope you are well.

Haha! My problem is I'm easily distracted! e.g. bejewelled on facebook! Lol

2. waynet profile image68
      waynetposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I first get rid of the distractions, watching eastenders I probably save to a lazy sunday and tape any programs that fall in between such as lost and heroes and supernatural.

Then I make a list of to do activities that can be done daily and I cross them off the list and it's just about makig the time to do these tasks in small chunks of time.

1. profile image0

Ohh yes, that's my problem Easts and Coro haha how sad am I!
        I seem to be doing good with the writing now, it's the house work I can't motivate myself to do! Haha. I really should make lists too! I'm sooo forgetful! lol smile

1. profile image0
          StormRyderposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I didn't like the Eastenders...too much drama..I really loved Coupling...that show cracked me up!

1. profile image0

Haha yeah it is a bit far-fetched. What's coupling?? :s

1. thisisoli profile image70
              thisisoliposted 14 years agoin reply to this

There is a scene from coupling on this hub of cosettes

http://hubpages.com/hub/What-this-place … ow-pillows

2. thisisoli profile image70

Coupling was fantastic up until the third series, then it seemed to lose it sad

Some of my favorite scenes have been from the first two lots of coupling though!

2. Will Apse profile image89
    Will Apseposted 14 years ago

I am pretty obsessive. Once I am working I work obsessively, once I am lazy I am obsessively lazy.

I actually need to be lazy more. Sometimes my eyes are so painful using a cheap monitor it would be a mercy to have them removed. Also, there are times when I just need to remember that I am human not a tiny, organic part of the internet.

Anyway, transitions are hard for me. Moving from idleness to labour or labour to idleness. One thing that always changes the mood is a cold shower. I wouldn't recommend this in a cold climate but it works in the tropics.

1. profile image0

Haha I may try that in summer, as it's freeeeezing here in England, I could just go stand outside for a while though, that might work smile

2. Sab Oh profile image56
      Sab Ohposted 14 years agoin reply to this

"Sometimes my eyes are so painful using a cheap monitor it would be a mercy to have them removed."

Yes, your posts clearly convey that feeling

3. blondepoet profile image66
    blondepoetposted 14 years ago

Oh Sophs I have those moments all time. When I get a sudden burst of motivation I write like crazy while it's there smile

1. profile image0

Haha Me too! Then it just doesn't stop! smile Shame it's not the same with the housework lol!

1. blondepoet profile image66
        blondepoetposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Housework aghhh. I once knew that word well. smile

1. profile image0

Haha smile Hope you are well BP!

I will feel better if I don't have to do the dishes.

1. profile image0

Ohhhhh I hate the dishes sad

4. thisisoli profile image70
    thisisoliposted 14 years ago

I have to sit somewhere were it is much harder to get distracted. I also find writing on a different topic helps get me back in to the swing of things!

1. profile image0

I shall try this! smile

5. gramarye profile image61
    gramaryeposted 14 years ago

Sometimes when I've lots to write about but no motivation, I go and sit in the park and think about my writing ideas. I try to think of a different twist to the idea, because that is often why I'm not motivated - lots to write but not inspired. When a twist to the story pops in, I can't leave the park fast enough - well, it works for me!

1. profile image0

That's a really good idea, I could go and sit in the park today, as it's actually sunny for once instead of grey and rainy! Thanks gramarye smile

6. Flightkeeper profile image67
    Flightkeeperposted 14 years ago

Hi Sophs! It sounds like you have so much to write about that you don't know where to begin, which is a good thing.  In those kind of situations I always like to just write on whatever topic and let the words flow. There are phrases that can't wait to get out on paper so I write it down. Then I save it unpublished. Then I come back to the piece that seems more urgent in calling me back. It's a weird system but it works for me. Find one that works for you.

1. profile image0

Ohhh that's what it is you know! I start to write about one thing then I think of something else and I'm too excited to wait then start writing about that instead lol. I will thanks Flightkeeper, Hope you are well! smile

1. Flightkeeper profile image67
        Flightkeeperposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Thank you Sophs, when I come back to the unpublished stuff it's a great reminder and kind of like visiting old friends. And then there are some I look at and think what the heck was I on?! lol Enjoy yourself.

1. profile image0

Haha, yes I know that feeling, sometimes I look at published ones and think that! Aha!! smile

7. LizzyBoo profile image60
    LizzyBooposted 14 years ago

I always gaet the feelings of sadness when I post my hubs. I am not feeling motivated after publishing 4 hubs. This weekend I have published 4 hubs and my score gone down. I do not understand that at all.

back to topic- thanks to that I am loosing my motivation to write. I do not feel like writer and also who would be interested in my hubs? So yes I feel not motivated often.

1. profile image0

Ohhhh don't feel down Lizzy, My score differs aaallll the time I have just stopped paying attention to it! Plenty of people want to read your hubs!
      Have a look at my feel good hub! It might cheer you up! smile xo

1. LizzyBoo profile image60
        LizzyBooposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Hi Sophs, as I did not know which one you meant I red quiet few of them. I think you have a gift to share things the way you do. As I have dive into your hubs today, makes me to feel reading more of your hubs. So you better keep writing. Even English is not my native thingy I read fast. xoxoxoxoxo-LizzyBoo

1. profile image0

Awwww how kind, thankyou Lizzy, hope you are feeling much better today! And thanks for stopping by I shall come and see you soon smile xoxo

8. thisisoli profile image70

I have a whole raft of unpublished hubs that I started.  I got a whole load of hubpages ready to go for a world of warcraft guide, and I was just ready to start writing it all when Blizzard announced that they were releasing another update, I nearly screamed...

Sophs I think one of your ways of avoiding writing may be posting on the forum wink tongue

1. profile image0

Haha! Yes it may just be that thisisoil. Well what can I say, I just can't keep away from all you wonderful people!! lol tongue

9. Jane@CM profile image60
    Jane@CMposted 14 years ago

Oh Sophs, I think we all hit these patches.  Do you keep a notebook with you?  I always have one, so if I am writing and another idea pops in, I write it down.  I do not write on the weekends when everyone is home. 

I make a list every morning of what I want to accomplish & I always block out 2 hours for writing and some days it is more, depends on the housework that needs to be done!  I have been trying really hard to limit my time in forums (all my forums) smile

A great idea Jane however I am always losing my pens. I swear to God I would lose my head if it wasn't screwed on. smile

1. profile image0

Haha! I am exactly the same, I'm using one of my daughter's pencils right now because I can't find a pen anywhere! lol smile

2. profile image0

Hey Jane, oooo yeah I do, I bought one the other day covered in jelly beans! (Not real jelly beans, just a picture) lol it's really cute. I always write ideas, and all my hubs first in there I hate typing I think the words flow better using a pen lol. Great idea Jane thanks! smile

10. theirishobserver. profile image62
    theirishobserver.posted 14 years ago

For years I thought about writing my life story, today I have posted my second chapter, you need to set a goal for yourself - a target - what about your life story - changing names and places to protect identity - would make a great hub smile

1. profile image0

That's a great idea Irish Observer! I may just do that, I'm also on my way to read yours now smile

11. wrenfrost56 profile image56
    wrenfrost56posted 14 years ago

I was hoping the contest was going to keep me motivated today, but alas here I am in the forum. smile

1. profile image0

Haha I knooowww, I'm the same, I can't help myself smile

1. wrenfrost56 profile image56
        wrenfrost56posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Mind you, I don't think we're the only ones. big_smile

1. profile image0

Haha nooo me neither smile

12. thisisoli profile image70

I have two and a  half days of the forum covered, I want to get that to six days by the ehnd of today.  I have to keep well ahead of myself at the moment because I have a lot coming up!

13. kaybea930 profile image60
    kaybea930posted 14 years ago

I think that motivation is spurred by passion. Think about it. If you are passionate about something you are motivated to do it. The times when I have days when I am just not in the mood to do something I think of one good thing that will come out of me doing it. We are all in situations at one time or another when it just doesn't matter, but we have to find it in ourself to make it matter. That brings on the motivation!

14. thisisoli profile image70

motivation is spurred by lesbianized profile pictures tongue

1. profile image0

I agree...two beautiful girls going at it...Sooooo Hot!!
      Oh...yea...and motivating

1. profile image0

Haha! Awwwww beautiful! yikes bless you Stormy! smile

1. profile image0

lol  I have been known to share moments with a few beautiful ladies. lol

1. profile image0

As have I, ahaha! big_smile

2. profile image0

Hahahaha! tongue

15. profile image0
    Moeskyposted 14 years ago

When I feel demotivated, it's usually because I've got a case of "idea overload"! Then I've just got to stop my brain working. So I go and take a nap. A half hour later I'm refreshed and can't wait to start.

1. profile image0

Yeah I get that alot too! I might try napping! smile

16. thisisoli profile image70

This just keeps getting better tongue

Looks like you might be getting that date soon stormy wink

1. profile image0

Yea!! That would be nice! smile

1. profile image0

Aha! I'll pick you up at 7!! ;p lol

1. profile image0

It's cold out lets just stay in and enjoy the fire....or make one of our own?? smile smile

1. profile image0

Oooooo, your mind Srormy!!! Hehe! smile

17. Cagsil profile image70
    Cagsilposted 14 years ago

Hey Sophs, I'm saddened to hear that you lack motivation today. It does happen from time to time, but usually to those who are not heavily motivated to begin with.

I would suggest a long walk of peace and quiet. Relaxing is key. smile

18. thisisoli profile image70

Just had a bit of a falling out with the missus, so right now I am unmotivated, and have about 4000 words left to do today, arrgghhhh!

1. profile image0

A falling out? Did she find my pic on your computer? lol

2. profile image0

Awwwww noooo sad I hope you make up soon!! smile

19. thisisoli profile image70

Haha, nope, I was unable to push forward my trip to America because I need to get cleared by the doctors to travel, and my final appointment is on the 6th of next month.

I'm kinda angry that she is so willing to risk my health just to save a week.

1. profile image0

She misses you Oli! smile Your health is of no concern! lol

2. profile image0

Pfffttt!! Women! lol big_smile

1. thisisoli profile image70

indeed!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)