Black or White

Jump to Last Post 1-1 of 1 discussions (17 posts)
  1. Eng.M profile image66
    Eng.Mposted 15 years ago

Good day everyone

my argument is targeting all and specificlly evolutionists

*Are creation and evolution the only explainations for life existence?

*Is evolution proprtional to chance in your opinion?
    if not,  what is it ?
    is it by intention?
    does any intention need a deriving mind?
    is there any existence way except chance or creation by purpose?

just some thoughts

thanx

1. Inspirepub profile image73
      Inspirepubposted 15 years agoin reply to this

No.

No.

A logical process following natural laws like the law of gravity.

No.

Yes. It is called "natural selection".

I believe the definition of "intention" assumes the existence of a consciousness. Which is not necessarily the same as a "mind".

1. Mark Knowles profile image58
        Mark Knowlesposted 15 years agoin reply to this

No.

No.

Common sense, and an abundance of physical evidence show there is nothing "chance" in the equation.

What is the "chance" that there is an all-powerful creator? lol

No.

Absolutely. Chance had nothing to do with it. Trial and error is more like it. Please see this thread . I started this in an attempt to educate people such as yourself. Getting them to actually read it seems to be a little difficult.
        http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/7572

If you start from a faulty assumption as you are doing, I guess so. You are not actually asking this question. You have assumed that anything that happens must have a mind that created it.

Yet you have been unable to back this up with any argument other than, "It must have happened this way because I cannot conceive of anything else, therefore it is correct."

You are making two assumptions. You start from the premise that there is a creator. You then assume that there is "intention," in everything. This then "proves" that there is a creator.

Got a link for you:

Intelligent Design

2. Eng.M profile image66
        Eng.Mposted 15 years agoin reply to this

I suppose you are gnna say 'natural selection' is another one and it is not by chance.

Chance

the link refers to probability as chance and many evolutionists define'natural selection' as strength survive and many probabilities .
        I realized that you adopt the idea that 'natural selection' is neither chance nor plan.

so what is it?

I don't think there is something else besides these two .

who set these laws initially.

animals have consciousnesses but not minds if that what you meant.

Let me put it this way. There is nothing "chance" in the fact that slow-moving animals will generally be caught by predators, while faster-moving ones will generally escape.

That's just common sense and logic.

Chance may play a role in which INDIVIDUAL lives or dies on one particular day, but across millions of individuals and millions of years, the law of averages will apply. Slower ones will be killed off, and faster ones will survive.

Nobody "set" the law of gravity - it just happens. You step off a building, you fall down. No "adjuduction" required.

It doesn't take a person to "decide" that lions will catch slower gazelles and fail to catch faster ones. Or that after you eat contaminated food your stomach will hurt.

These things happen by cause and effect.

So are you saying that animals can have intentions, or that they can't?

Jenny

1. Eng.M profile image66

good day Jenny

I guess we would go around in circles as we don't agree to same definitions of words like
            law, chance, nature or logic

we will argue differently that a human law has a different meaning of the natural law.

you say that everything just happened but we don't know why, we had some biological changes and observations that we may assume they are relieable. then it makes it more a scientific issue than a religious one.

I won't argue more in chance and laws but I will provide a very strong proof to make evolution as you picturize invalid.

that is ' LOVE'

love has no place in your theories.
            you may say it is chemical changes in our minds and hearts but you would just having assumption.

LOVE has a provider I guess.

Now you are just "having assumption". No "provider" required.

I see your LOVE and raise you BLUE.

BLUE is the same type of thing as LOVE.

You may say BLUE is just particular wavelengths of light, but that can not capture the experience in our hearts when we see the blue sky break through grey clouds, or watch the blue sea crash against the shore ... there is so much more to BLUE than just wavelengths of light.

BLUE has the same provider that LOVE has - the natural world, as subjectively experienced by an individual.

1. Ben Bush profile image60
                Ben Bushposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Jenny,

I see your BLUE and raise you HEARTS

2. Eng.M profile image66

All observations and analysis people make over natural phenomenons go around the circle of ' How? '

we ask about how this world works and have answers as much as we can.

But the question I ask to let you know what I mean is ' Why ?'

*does this world need a reason to firstly exist?
                *does this reason need a decision maker?

I like to ask as much questions as I can but I don't expect them all to have answeres.

Mohammed

1. Mark Knowles profile image58
                  Mark Knowlesposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Not really.

No we don't.

It is.

No.

No.

Simple isn't it?

Mark

1. Eng.M profile image66

loooooooooooooooool

2. mohitmisra profile image59
                  mohitmisraposted 15 years agoin reply to this

The how and why are intelligent questions not only for the outside but yourself as well.

Who am I and why am I here?
                  Has just beome my greatest fear. smile

How are you creating is what I want to know,
                  That is the only way I can grow. smile

1. mohitmisra profile image59

Yes there is a reason and there is a decision maker-God smile

3. Eng.M profile image66

well , answering myself

'Why' and 'How' could have the same answer sometimes.

reasoning can be classified to many categories BUT in my opinion natural selection would be answering How rather than Why.

may be there is no need for Why??

2. mohitmisra profile image59

For the intelligent life is a total mystery,unfathomable in totality. smile

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)