Academia Research .com

Jump to Last Post 1-11 of 11 discussions (21 posts)
  1. Rafini profile image83
    Rafiniposted 14 years ago

Does anyone have any experience with this writing site?  They have an application process and upon approval you can request jobs - but it doesn't say how payment is made.  I'm just wondering & considering....  Thanks.

1. RNMSN profile image59
      RNMSNposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I just went through a similar site called the examiner and when it came time to sign the fine print said if my traffic was good enough i their opiion and their opinion would not could but would change ove time then I may be considered for an incentive plan...very disapointing...hubpages and googgle still only site paying consistently the more I write and with the new june food contest coimg up I think all of our payouts will scury up there lol

2. relache profile image72
    relacheposted 14 years ago

They don't have payment terms listed because the site itself doesn't pay you.  The site itself is nothing but advertising for other sites.

1. Rafini profile image83
      Rafiniposted 14 years agoin reply to this

the site is only an advertising site?  they aren't an employer type site?

3. GingerG profile image60
    GingerGposted 14 years ago

I have done work through Academia Research. They are basically a site where students can have others do their research papers for them. The students post the specs for their paper. You have all sorts to choose from. Upon completion, the payment is added to your account. Academia pays twice per month to your PayPal account.

Hope that helps smile

4. LianneBarnard profile image59
    LianneBarnardposted 14 years ago

Amazing.  I wonder if the students actually read the papers they y pass off as their own.  Maybe I should try to put a sentence in.  Something like: "and Marx observed that phenomenology I don't think for myself. I pay others is existentialism flipped."

1. rebekahELLE profile image85
      rebekahELLEposted 13 years agoin reply to this

if they pay someone to research and write, I doubt if they read it. I wouldn't be able to write for them either, I have problems with parents who do their kids homework! there is a shortage of students graduating who truly know how to think and problem solve.
      I'm not sure what parents are thinking when they do this. they want their kids to get into decent colleges, universities, but they forget that their child isn't learning if mom and dad are doing the science project!

5. Nera Woods profile image82
    Nera Woodsposted 13 years ago

I planned before to write for this site, but when I researched forums about its, I found a lot of complaints about failure to pay writers and delayed payments. What I gathered from the comments was that some got their payments  while others did not because they needed to be changed, or the clients didn't like the articles.

6. emievil profile image68
    emievilposted 13 years ago

I'm currently writing for this site and have been so for almost one and a half years now. I don't have any problems with their payments, they are almost always on time. You can get payments through PayPal, wire transfer, etc. (there are 5 options).

As its name implies, we basically write academic papers for an on behalf of the students. In reply to Lianne, yes, they do read their papers. Some before submitting to their professors, others after receiving the comments. smile

As for what Nera said, there are times you will not get paid if and when the customer asks for a revision and you don't do the revision (which basically happens when you re-assigned the order) or you did it but still the customer is not satisfied (which happens when the customer re-assigns the order). Or if you submitted the order late, is a perennial late submitter or you re-assigned the order at a late hour, they will penalize you by reducing your total earnings from doing their orders.

Hope the above helps. If you have any more questions, just ask smile.

7. Uninvited Writer profile image79
    Uninvited Writerposted 13 years ago

I won't be writing there, I have real ethical problems with sites that write papers for students.

1. Mrvoodoo profile image57
      Mrvoodooposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I'm glad somebody said it.  Because reading through the comments above you'd think that this was a perfectly acceptable activity to be involved in. hmm

1. myownworld profile image74
        myownworldposted 13 years agoin reply to this

big_smile  I'm right now busy trying to finish off a term paper for my psychology class and though it's tempting, I doubt if I could ever use someone else's paper and put my own name to it. The guilt would kill me, plus the grade earned wouldn't mean anything really.

I don't mean to discourage anyone from this site, but I wonder too how students can do this kind of thing without any qualms about it...

2. RNMSN profile image59
        RNMSNposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I totally agree one coworkers favorite statement was better to cheat than repeat/she and i did not get along
        I got thorough grad school on my own and proud of my work gpa of 4.0...ethics, morals, philosopy should all be taught over and over in every nursing school class is my opinion...course Im just a nurse ....and an egg/slightly cracked

2. alternate poet profile image68
      alternate poetposted 13 years agoin reply to this

This is a really shady deal - anyone writing for this site should be ashamed of themselves and the cheating student on teh end of it.

No wonder so many graduates are so stupid, they don't actually need to learn anything except how to cheat.

8. torimari profile image69
    torimariposted 13 years ago

I honestly would avoid sites that pay you to write papers. Even if you are a ghostwriter for them it seems like shady business. I know I don't want any work attached to my name about technically being paid to help college students cheat their way to their degree. Yes, the money can be tempting, but that's my reasoning for avoiding it. Not just the ethics, but covering my own arse.

9. habee profile image91
    habeeposted 13 years ago

As a retired teacher, I find this practice totally unethical! I've been offered tidy sums for writing research papers and analytical papers for college students, but I just couldn't do it.

1. CaribeM profile image71
      CaribeMposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Totally agree with habee, torimari and Uninvited Writer. I would never consider nor do something like that, no matter how much they pay for it. I think that sort of practice encourage a corruptive and an ignorant culture. Definitely it doesn't help to elevate the education in the country, the development of a discipline, and much less helps to built a better society.

10. CkhoffmanK profile image78
    CkhoffmanKposted 13 years ago

Eh - those kind of sites are only used for lazy students who cheat through school. I would rather not contribute to that. It's plagiarism. Would much rather be a writer than a peddler right?

1. psycheskinner profile image83
      psycheskinnerposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Right!

1. thirdmillenium profile image61
        thirdmilleniumposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Good Lord,

what you say is true.
        I never thought of this in this light.
        I think I have to do some soul searching before I do anything on Academia-research

Thanks

11. thirdmillenium profile image61
    thirdmilleniumposted 13 years ago

I write for academia-research. They pay you really well. For instance, I wrote a 15 (just fifteen) line essay for them on "Mayan Disappearance" a while ago and go paid $12.

The payment is through paypal or alertpay. A university student in the UK or the US wants some writing to be done for him and he approaches Academia-research. A-R, in turn, allots the work to somebody who it thinks would do the job. On the other hand, you are free to bid for the work too.

Payment takes about a month to process and to be delivered to your bank account.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)