Almost 11,000 hits on one hub!

Jump to Last Post 1-33 of 33 discussions (51 posts)
  1. earnestshub profile image81
    earnestshubposted 14 years ago

One of my lousy hub, which has an ordinary url that is not quite 100%, and ordinary content has had a very good number of page views.
    When I first put it up it got 1000s of hits straight away.
    It was then found that it was not within the TOS here on hubpages, but most likely did not comply in some way with adsense TOS which could have been the reason for it's downfall.

I did not ask hubpages what was wrong, but took out a couple of fairly raunchy pictures and re-submitted it.
    None of the text was of a sexual nature, it was mostly about the fact that sexual keywording gives marketers an unfair advantage.

A few days ago, it got unpublished again after being up for some months. I was promptly notified of the problem and changed the one offending word from the title. hubpages had a human dutifully read the hub and report the problem.

Even after the changes and a new title this hub is still cookin!
    I have been too lazy to do the experiments I started about this form of keyword stuffing, and as hubpages do not seem to approve of hubs that are basically market testing, which is what I wanted to demonstrate to other hubbers, should I just take it down now?

1. IntimatEvolution profile image69
      IntimatEvolutionposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Gosh, I would not know what to do about something like that.  What does your gut tell you to do?

My opinion, if it is directing people to your writings.  That is still a bonus.  More people viewing something you have written, can only mean some of your other hubs getting a lot more attention too.  I would backlink the heck out of that hub. 

Good luck.

2. relache profile image72
      relacheposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Since keyword stuffing violates Google's TOS and HubPages doesn't want you putting up test Hubs, what would be the benefit of maintaining this Hub?

earnestshubposted 14 years agoin reply to this

None that I can see so far relache. smile I have deleted a few other hubs that were outdated before.

2. Internetwriter62 profile image76
        Internetwriter62posted 14 years agoin reply to this

What is keyword stuffing? I'm still learning.

1. Gymfroggy profile image61
          Gymfroggyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Keyword stuffing is where you put your chosen keyword or keywords densely into each paragraph. Say you were advertising for 'free money'. A normal paragraph would be:

'The quick brown fox jumped over the slow green turtle thing and greeting him ecstatically'

But if you keyword stuff it:

'The free money quick brown fox got free money jumped for free money over the slow green turtle thing that was getting free money and greeting him ecstatically with free money'

Some believe that it helps them in search engines. Specifically Google. But they couldn't be more wrong for packing them that dense.

3. Internetwriter62 profile image76
      Internetwriter62posted 14 years agoin reply to this

No!!!  I haven't seen that hub yet.

2. profile image0
    cosetteposted 14 years ago

holy MOLEY

can you sort of hint what it's about? i wanna see...

3. Mieka profile image61
    Miekaposted 14 years ago

I'm quite curious as well! Tell us what hub it is!

I would just keep it published if I were you. If it keeps getting unpublished after you modify it a little, isn't that an experiment as well? Testing the limits of hubpages smile

I am at pains to stay within TOS. I do not want to stop writing about cars and all the other tech stuff, I love it here!
      The hub is named "bottoms and hits".

4. earnestshub profile image81

Sorry the new hub title is "bottoms and breasts"

5. profile image0
    TheVerbalAxiomposted 14 years ago

Getting 1,000's of hits right away is just phenomenal. (hope I spelled that right)

6. AEvans profile image71
    AEvansposted 14 years ago

I believe I remember that thread congratulations on the hits! smile

7. profile image0
    lyricsingrayposted 14 years ago

earnest that's fantastic big_smile

I am not thrilled with what it had earned!
      Apparently to adsense it is poison! lol
      It is nice lift to my page views though! lol

8. earnestshub profile image81

Funny thing is, one of my old hubs with a lousy number of page hits is amazing, about every third page view results in a sale! lol

9. earnestshub profile image81

Update on that hub.
    12333 page views is correct as of now.

10. DanPowers profile image47
    DanPowersposted 14 years ago

These sexy hubs are OK, but if a few hubs get mega traffic then the entire site starts getting infected, like all those adverts for Indian dating sites (you'll all probably know the hub responsible for this).

It is not exactly sexy talking about SEO! lol

11. IzzyM profile image86
    IzzyMposted 14 years ago

Just had a look myself, and seeing as there are no adsense ads there I don't really see the point in leaving it.
    On the other hand, I see no reason for adsense not to be there?

smile
      I am continuously amazed by the ad-sense algorithms, they are very good usually and work perfectly with most hubs.
      I think the text does not match the headings, url and capsules well enough, but am open to ideas. It has been a lot of fun. smile

12. Bill Manning profile image70
    Bill Manningposted 14 years ago

That type of article would work very well over at Associated Content. That's because you get paid per view, not ads. smile

Thank you Bill! I will go and take a look in case I get the urge to write about SEO again. smile

13. bwlprogram profile image55
    bwlprogramposted 14 years ago

Wow. I wish I can get 1000 views like yours for all my hubs. It is really funny that HubPages does not banned your account. :-)

lol Have you read the hub? it is about hits! It is not a sex hub! smile

2. blondepoet profile image67
      blondepoetposted 14 years agoin reply to this

He probably does not get banned as he is a decent hubber and all his hubs are upstanding.

So nice to hear that from someone with your credo BP, I am truly chuffed! smile

14. profile image0
    Stevennix2001posted 14 years ago

wow, congratulations!

15. Faybe Bay profile image64
    Faybe Bayposted 14 years ago

Ouch I just got burned. You go earnestshub! Now you have to write a how to hub for us, and which hub? keep it going! smile

16. blondepoet profile image67
    blondepoetposted 14 years ago

Wow Earnest it just goes to show everyone loves bottoms and breasts.
    GRATS

http://i897.photobucket.com/albums/ac179/collectingfrogs/Congradulations.jpg

17. Ohma profile image59
    Ohmaposted 14 years ago

it is an interesting piece of work but seems empty without the ads.

18. wsp2469 profile image60
    wsp2469posted 14 years ago

Interestingly enough, this is a subject near and dear to my heart as I have been waiting at least 3 weeks now for one of my flagged hubs to be looked at n republished.
    I also just had two hubs flagged for something having to do with tags I guess.  I still don't understand how a generalized form letter --especially when it's about deceptive/misleading tags and/or title and/or category is the issue.  I mean, had i not thought the tags were okay why would I have used them? I don't make money here so it's not like I'm an ad whore looking for traffic . . . readers, yes, customers, no.
    I suggest you won't ever have a REAL problem with admin because you are well-entrenched.
    I on the other hand am new, tell it like it is regarding advertising here, have yet to have a writer score of over 91 and speak my mind no matter how much I love this place.
    I am wondering if they will bust you for self-promotion in the forums.  I had people ask me about specific hubs and got banned for days simply because--upon request--I posted links and BAM!

19. profile image0
    Crazdwriterposted 14 years ago

Nice job earnest! that is totally sweet that you are getting almost 11,000 hits on one hub

20. wsp2469 profile image60
    wsp2469posted 14 years ago

I DO know one thing!  Today is a goo dday to talk to the admin.  They flagged and unflagged TWO fo mind in a speedy fashion.
    So if you have issues with something then today might be a good day to e-mail them, dude.

smile Thanks mate! I have shut that hub down now, I do have a couple of fundies I know who could be a risk! lol

21. Ladybird33 profile image67
    Ladybird33posted 14 years ago

That is awesome and a very nice surprise, huh?  I love when that happens.  Way to go!!

22. mistyhorizon2003 profile image88
    mistyhorizon2003posted 14 years ago

Two of my best performing hubs are not what the titles imply, "Wet Pussy Pictures" and "Please Play with my Pussy". They get consistent views regardless, sadly only "Wet Pussy Pictures" has any adsense ads on it, and "Please Play with my Pussy" has none. BOTH, carry an "adult warning" visible only to me, although neither are adult content. Annoying, but unavoidable in this case.

1. profile image0
      shazwellynposted 14 years agoin reply to this

naughty kitty or should I say... misty! hehehe

23. earnestshub profile image81

I am concerned about losing the comments though, some are quite clever. smile

24. Niteriter profile image60
    Niteriterposted 14 years ago

I am not going to read the Hub no matter how much you beg me... I'll be right back.

25. earnestshub profile image81

OK, I took an executive decision and unpublished this lemon!

1. Niteriter profile image60
      Niteriterposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Bad decision. It was a good Hub. Can you reverse a reversal?

26. bgpappa profile image79
    bgpappaposted 14 years ago

I would leave it up as long as it doesn't go awry with any of the TOS.  Even if that hub doesn't make money, it may drive people to some of your other hubs which are more profitable.  I had one hub get over 10,000 views in less than a month.  Even though that hub didn't produce much, I saw an overall increase in views of many of my other hubs with increased revenue.

If it is driving people to you, then it is doing its job.

Congrats but make sure you stay within the TOS.

27. xboxps3wow profile image40
    xboxps3wowposted 14 years ago

so, why did you unpublish it?

28. Internetwriter62 profile image76
    Internetwriter62posted 14 years ago

11,000 hits is impressive, really blows your mind. Congratulations. I've never seen this amazing hub, but it must be pretty mind bogeling. I'm glad you cleaned it up though. See you didn't need the forbidden words to get read, the hub still lives on.

29. lesterd2009 profile image60
    lesterd2009posted 14 years ago

wow thats a lot of views

30. adrienne2 profile image66
    adrienne2posted 14 years ago

Good Gosh!! 11,000 hits on one hub! Wow, way to go. That's the first time I have heard of that many hits on one hub.Congrats!

1. relache profile image72
      relacheposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I just got that many hits sent to an older hub of mine that I updated two days ago from google.de in the last 24 hours.

For an idea of how traffic goes on the site overall, you might like this page,

http://hubpages.com/stats/

31. profile image0
    poetlorraineposted 14 years ago

wow i don't believe it, so you can actually write, wow.

32. profile image58
    elaina123posted 14 years ago

i went to a friend of mines house yesterday. His older brother had a b-day party. i lik my one friend but the bad thing is he is dating my ex-best friend, Bree. The party was formal so i had to wear a dress. she wore a corset and a mini skirt, knowing that it will tick me off. There are so many things i want to say to her......

33. salt profile image59
    saltposted 14 years ago

wow - congratulations

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)