The Secret Of Religion

Jump to Last Post 1-7 of 7 discussions (24 posts)
  1. marinealways24 profile image59
    marinealways24posted 14 years ago

How do irrational religions often pull in logical minded people to their irrational beliefs?

They create passion to believe. Passion/Faith are one in the same while logical attempts to separate emotions in belief.

Your thoughts?

1. Beelzedad profile image58
      Beelzedadposted 14 years agoin reply to this

They don't. smile

marinealways24posted 14 years agoin reply to this

They do. big_smile

There are many logical people in some things that are irrational in others, no matter what the belief.

2. Jerami profile image58
    Jeramiposted 14 years ago

Any belief other than my own would seem illogical to me
       Any belief other that yours would seem illogical to you.
       Everyones level of "LOGIC" depends upon their own experiences.
       What is logical ?   Who gets to decide ?
       I would think that my defination of logical would be what works for me.
       Those things that seem to work for you may not work for someone else; making it illogical to them.
       If everyone thought the same way, progress would come to a standstill. 
       A vast number of posabilities would become lost.

lol No, logic is based on steps to finding something out, not believing what creates the most passion to believe. You don't agree with logic because it challeges what you want to believe for what is true. Logic collects evidence, faith assumes without evidence.
      Everyone will never think the same way, if so, everyone would still be religious or atheist.

1. Jerami profile image58
        Jeramiposted 14 years agoin reply to this

"Logical" is only a persception that is precieved to be true. To each their own.
           Orvil and Wilber were thought to be illogican in their quest to fly.
           Logic too often has nothing to do with reality.

Logic is steps to finding a truth to reality. If we based reality only on faith, we would still live like wild chimps. big_smile How's that for reality?

1. Jerami profile image58
            Jeramiposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I agree that logic is "a" tool most commonly used for the purpose of attaining truth.  As any other tool, it's usefulness depends upon that persons ability to utilitize it effectively.

Yes, and when trying to find a logical design, it's logical to put the pieces together by logical evidence rather than using the faithful tool of adding pieces that simply make you feel the best and most important over everything else.

3. profile image0
    Justine76posted 14 years ago

you guys wouldn't believe some of the things Ive heard people I know insist were logical thoughts. They were passionate about that fact that thier logic was the only right logic.

person A believes one thing, person B does not.

It will always be that way.

lol, You are wrong. Logic attempts to separate passion to find logic.

Using reasoning and logic, you can see who is passionate about their logic and who is really logical, the logical will admit fault.

1. profile image0
        Justine76posted 14 years agoin reply to this

I meant, its not really likely to dissuade someone from thier belief if they believe they are logical, no matter what. wink

For example, my husband has a shirt, its blue. There is no way in hell to make him believe it, he thinks its black, and thats that. He syas "I have eyes, I can see. It is black. That is logical. To tell me I can't see what I can see, doesn't make any sense."  he got pretty worked up about it.

Its still blue.

You are right and great point, a persons passionate belief will usually outweight anything that logically disagrees with it. big_smile

1. profile image0
            Justine76posted 14 years agoin reply to this

smile Hope your baby's well. Im going outside now!! good luck with this.

He is great, thank you. Have a good day.

4. marinealways24 profile image59
    marinealways24posted 14 years ago

Wild chimps blow themselves up for their religious belief. Not very logical. big_smile

5. Jerami profile image58
    Jeramiposted 14 years ago

I have to get started with my day of chores also.
    Will be checkin back in from time to time.
       everybody have a great day.

6. skyfire profile image79
    skyfireposted 14 years ago

Lobbying. Islamic/christian people create lobby and restrict resources to rationals so that they've no other choice than accepting BS. For example, jehnova's witness & islamic people preaching with banners " do you accept  god into your life ?".If rational person refuses then they put them in social isolation/some political restriction,making it difficult for them to keep up with their lives if they wish to resist religion or some belief.

Irrational people have problem finding answer the way science can find. So irrational people prefer to get lobby by emo way, pinch it in place where any rational/irrational person can't handle. Other than that they create lobby against him/her(that lobby should be powerful than group that support his/her views or opposing lobby should take down almost every rational thought). Those who are rational yet religious are sticking to god concept just for few reasons like "mental support" and "chance of some entity's existence that could be with him/her in worst/good days". Irrational people will take advantage of this and will create stories and will force rational people to believe it on basis of lobby(political,financial,etc).

Thanks, I agree.

That was almost a hub. big_smile

1. skyfire profile image79
        skyfireposted 14 years agoin reply to this

yikes

Maybe i should write religious hubs than commercial.. tongue

Nah, bibles and quarans don't sell for very much. lol

1. skyfire profile image79
            skyfireposted 14 years agoin reply to this

lol

7. profile image0
    sneakorocksolidposted 14 years ago

Mommy when I grow up I want to believe in myself even pray to myself! Thats right! You are the center of your universe! You are only responsible for you, yes, it's all about you. Let's face it whats more important than pride? Your ego is your God and you should bow to it and serve it! Remember selfishness is a virtue so wallow in your own signifigance.sad

lol, The Christian Religion is based on pride, this is why you are so proud of your belief. Selfishness is denying the logical for whatever makes you feel nice and secure.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)