Site issues

Jump to Last Post 1-10 of 10 discussions (15 posts)
  1. Julie-Ann Amos profile image64
    Julie-Ann Amosposted 15 years ago

Is it just me with gremlins?

Today:

unable to post video capsule (says "are you sure you want to leave hub pages yes/no")

unable to post links in links capsules (all say bad link and won't import and descripotions or titles)

unable to view search results (nasty google ads banner down left hand side of page obscures 1/3 of the the width of the screen and this has been ongoing for about a week)

unable to save hubs just says "working" for like half an hour with no result...

unable to post to forums (says "working" and nada)

Are there some significant site issues today?  If so it would be nice to know...

1. Pam Roberson profile image68
      Pam Robersonposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Hi Julie-Ann,

I've been having problems for nearly a week similiar to what you stated. The "working" thing goes on and on and on sometimes with results and sometimes not. I've had comments to not post at all, and it's taking forever to try and pull a hub together because of the "working" thing that sometimes never ends. I've published nothing for a good while because of this. Well, actually it's due to a combination of things, but having it take forever to put a hub together is a big one. I wish I could give insight to the problem, but I have no clue what it could be. Perhaps it is connectivity or some problem with our ISP. I dunno. : /

Take care,
      Pam

2. larryfreeman profile image78
      larryfreemanposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Hi Julie-Ann,

Thanks for reporting these issues.  I am very sorry that you are having these problems.

We are planning a fix to the insert video issue over the weekend.  In the mean time, hit the "CANCEL" button when you see the message and you will still be able to add videos.

I will post on this forum thread when this issue has been fixed.

On which hub is this happening and on which urls?  Also, are you still having this problem now?

If you provide me with more information, I will be glad to investigate the issue.

What browser are you using and on what HubPages url are you searching from?  This could also be a display settings issue.  Do you know what your Windows display settings are?

These issue sound like they may be network connections issues. Since you did post to the forum, are you still finding these issues?  Is it one particular hub that is unable to save or do you find that it is occurring across all your hubs?

-Larry

2. bhoge profile image59
    bhogeposted 15 years ago

I think it's working fine. It might be your connectivity problem big_smile

3. Uninvited Writer profile image79
    Uninvited Writerposted 15 years ago

The site has been a little slow for me, but it seems to be working better now than it was last night and this morning.

4. Answer Man profile image61
    Answer Manposted 15 years ago

Julie Ann:  I too am finding lots of bugs too this morning...link capsules and saving my work takes forever and even then I get error codes etc.  Just so you know it's not just you. smile

5. Julie-Ann Amos profile image64

Thanks Larry

I don't accept it's my connectivity. I have an extra fast broadband - I run a busy writing agency and regularly upload and download many Megs of info at a time.  All other sites are working just fine - including your competitor's sites.  Hubpages has been like this for a week and it's a pain.

I'm struggling to pull hubs together.

Re the search - I go to top right and type in a search eg forex in the box and the list of hubs comes up - with a big fat banner ad all down the left hand side obscuring 30-40% of the screen.  If I was a reader rather than an author here it would turn me off using you to get info, that's for sure.

Re the links - it's been almost every link for a week!  If you can access my back end (oo Matron!) please feel free to take a look at any of my gardening hubs just published and you'll see all the links look bare as the site wasn't allowing me to pick up links with my tracker in them so I had to manually cut and paste hub titles into the links capsule which is also a pain.

For what it's worth I am using firefox latest version and windows XP but yours is the only site I'm having issues with, and I access a large number of sites daily that work the same, posting uploading and downloading info - eg elance, guru, ezine articles, squidoo, my own content websites, and a fair number of client sites where I create content direct into their systems... all worjking fine, except hubpages sorry.

6. Julie-Ann Amos profile image64

oh, and it's across all hubs.  Anything more complex than cutrting and pasting text in causes issues.  And regardless of whether they are new hubs or old ones I am editing, or unpublished ones in process.

1. larryfreeman profile image78

Hi Julie-Ann,

Thanks for responding with additional information.  I wanted to get back to you on each of your issues.

I agree with you that the description should automatically get loaded when you "add" a HubPages link.  I'll add this to our list of features.  I think that might be something we can fix in the next week.  I'll post here when it is fixed.

You might want to try switching to our latest editor.  You can do this by Editing your profile and changing the editor version.  Version 3 should work better for you.

I am very sorry that you are having problems with this issue.  I tested it and I was not able to reproduce the problem.  The search results looked fine for me.

-Larry

7. Julie-Ann Amos profile image64

Thanks Larry

I'm unable to reproduce the search thing now, so maybe it was a gremlin that's now fixed.

I'll try text editor 3 but I tried it when it first came out and have to say I preferred 2. 

For the record, it took almost 5 minutes for the post placed here to load... that's how long it stays "working" which isn't my connection becvause everythign else is going very fast and I'm on a high speed cx here...

I just posted a post on the hubmob hub and again, hung on "waiting" for about 3 minutes - which seems a tad excessive...

I'm glad to hear it.  Also, the Video capsule issue has just been fixed as of this afternoon.

The good news is that we have already fixed numerous bugs with version 3 so it is much better than the last time you used it. 

If you find any bugs with version 3, please feel free to report them here. 

Which browser are you using?  I will continue to investigate your problem with the "working" indicator.  So far, I am not able to reproduce this issue.

8. Julie-Ann Amos profile image64

firefix.  But maybe one of the several other people can assist also - look above to see who else is reporting similar issues, I'm not the only one...

Thanks, Julie-Ann.

I'll let you know if I am able to reproduce the issue.  If anyone else gets this issue consistently, please let me know.

-Larry

9. Marian Swift profile image59
    Marian Swiftposted 15 years ago

I use Firefox, and have run into the "endless working" issue too.  But until now, I assumed it was my connection.  Maybe not.

Thanks for looking into this, Larry!

10. Stacie L profile image87
    Stacie Lposted 15 years ago

I don't know if I'm having trouble posting my last two hubs due to downloading internet explorer 8 or not.but...
    i write my article offline and then cut and paste them on my new hub. The trouble is that the page freezes in the middle of posting and I have to restart to get the page up again.I've asked around and some friends think it may be the ie8 cause its' new. any thoughts?

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)