100 Scariest Movie Moments...

Jump to Last Post 1-10 of 10 discussions (14 posts)
  1. kpfingaz profile image65
    kpfingazposted 15 years ago

100 Scariest Movie Moments in Movie History...

Has anyone seen this? Its a Bravo Tv Special and the list is on their website.

Two things I noticed and have a problem with.

Willy Wonka is on there! WTF!? I haven't seen the movie...its too cheesy(not the word I wanted to use) looking for me to even think of looking at it. But what can be so scary in the movie?

And Blair Witch Project....that is a cheap azz, chitty movie that is overrated all because its a cheap azz, chitty movie.

The rest of the list looks good though very predictable. Top 5 is like duh!

1. AEvans profile image71
      AEvansposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Blair witch was horrible and I believe they are talking about the new Willy Wonka as my children were frigthened by his character , it was let's say a little dark. The original Willy Wonka portrayed by Gene Wilder was although a little up tight and stern, he also had a heart that came out in the movie. :0

2. tristaprez profile image61
      tristaprezposted 15 years agoin reply to this

In the original Willy Wonka with Gene Wilder, the scene on the boat is actually kind of scary for a child, trippy if you're an adult.

1. brad4l profile image71
        brad4lposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Yeah the boat scene kind of freaked me out a little bit the first time I saw it when I was a kid.

2. TravelMonkey profile image61
    TravelMonkeyposted 15 years ago

The wizard of oz?

1. AEvans profile image71
      AEvansposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Lions and Tigers and Bears oh my!!! I know that frightened me as a child, especially that witch and my son still is freaked out about her. He doesn't even like them at Halloween and I have to keep explaining to him that it isn't a real person. smile

3. profile image0
    Adam Bposted 15 years ago

I like the horror movies that show something disturbing and has me thinking about it long after the movie has ended.

May be spoilers listed below:

1408 - When Mike Enslin (John Cusack) is at home with his ex-wife (Lily) after he had survived the hotel room and plays his tape recorder.  Lily (Mary McCormick) walks by Mike as he presses play on his pocket recorder and hears the voice of her dead daughter talking to Mike.

The Mist - After escaping the grocery store and surviving through attacks by monsters and spider-like creatures David Drayton (Thomas Jane) and his son (along with 3 other passengers) get stranded in the middle of nowhere in the thick of the Mist.  David has a handgun with 4 bullets and had promised his son he wouldn;t let the monsters get him.  Thinking there was no other choice, David uses the handgun to kill his son and the three passengers leaving himself to be killed by the creatures.  Moments after he kills everyoine the mist lifts and the millitary arrives on the scene.

Event Horizon - A special rescue mission was launched after a lost space ship is found after 7 years of being missing.  After the crew has tried for the majority of the movie to recover the captains log and enduring some pretty horrific occurances, they are able to see the video captains log.  The Videom shows the crew poking thier own eyes out, ripping off thier skin and speaking in latin.  The ship had created a black hole and traveled to Hell.

I have a lot more...maybe I should make this into a hub.

4. royalblkrose profile image59
    royalblkroseposted 15 years ago

Terminator- Sara Connor in that machine with the Terminator coming after her... the fact she's got NOWHERE else  to go and she's frantically reaching for the button that starts the press that stops the machine that has its' hand at her throat...

5. Stacie L profile image87
    Stacie Lposted 15 years ago

I saw the Texas Chainsaw Massacre in a drive in when it first appeared and I am still  scared to death whenever I see trailers or hear a chainsaw,wink

6. RavynSteel profile image68
    RavynSteelposted 15 years ago

I've seen around 90% of those movies and I can't honestly say I agree with any of them being 'scary'. but then, I have an extremely high tolerance for that kind of thing and I've yet to see a movie which does actually scare me. That's not to say I don't like those films; most of the ones on the list are my personal favourites. Just not very scary at all.

I think the only film which I would class as being scary in any way is one called the Asphyx; it's about a victorian photographer who uses a light beam to capture the greek god of death (aspyhx) at the point of a person's death, thus rendering that person immortal. There's a part of the film where the photographer goes to a hanging to test out his equipment, and on capturing the hanged man's Aspyhx, it screams right up to the camera. Kind of shocking if you're not expecting it! But still, not really what I'd call 'scary' per se.

But then, how does one define 'scary' anyway? How do you decide what is scary? Personally, I try to put myself in the place of the characters, try to feel what they'd be feeling if it was real. Still don't get scared but it makes for interesting viewing!

7. FunFacter profile image50
    FunFacterposted 15 years ago

If I would select a scary movie, I'd go for a Thailand Movie (I dunno how it's called), The Eye.. It's so hair raising.. You should see it..

8. profile image49
    barredposted 15 years ago

Scary moment? I gonna recommend this japanese movie entitled Audition. There is a scene in that movie that leading woman tortures her lover by cutting his feet using strings. Maybe not scary but more of disturbing. But still it freaks me out.

9. Junkster profile image60
    Junksterposted 15 years ago

I remember the Kevin Bacon film "Stir of echoes" freaked the hell out of me when I went to see it at the cinema as a teenager.  My friend even hid his head in an upturned popcorn bucket for most of the film.

I know it's not a movie but the video game "Condemned" (not the shitty Stone Cold/Vinny Jones movie) freaked me out, we played it whilst drunk on new years eve at a friends house when we were going to go to the pub but stayed in and played this game in the dark with 5.1 surround.

I don't know whether it was the scarily real "crack head" enemies or the fact we were still drunk but there were certainly a few jump-so-much-you-throw-the-controller-in-the-air moments accompanied by manly screams smile lol

I still can't play that when alone in the dark! haha

10. profile image52
    rinasings2uposted 15 years ago

the foreign movies are way more scarier,.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)