jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (9 posts)

What are your personal favorite and funniest movie moments?

1. ParadigmEnacted profile image73
    ParadigmEnactedposted 4 years ago

What are your personal favorite and funniest movie moments?

Things that maybe don't stand out to most people, but which you like.

A couple of mine:

1) When Tommy Lee Jones says "looky here. We're eating oranges and making name tags." While searching fugitive Harrison Ford's apartment with his deputies.

2) When Dustin Hoffman drives onto the curb in the Graduate after his girlfriend mentioned going to the hotel where he often has liaisons with her mother.

2. profile image58
    pgornerposted 4 years ago

1) Edward Norton playing Woody Harrelson's lawyer in People Vs. Larry Flynt...he originally tells Flynt that "You don't think I want to argue a case in front of the Supreme Court? It's every lawyer's dream!" And then he wins, and he's sitting on the steps giving Flynt the news...and he emits this facial expression as he looks up from the pillars to see where he is. He not only tried a Supreme Court case, he won one. 2) Amy Adams is so hot she made me notice her for the first time as a nun. ("Doubt" with Meryl Streep and Phillip Seymour Hoffman 3) The twist at the end of the first Sleepaway Camp movie. Angela Baker is the first horror slasher I've ever sympathized with, and she's even more fun to watch as she takes on her aunt's personality in the sequels (all lively and talkative) when in the first, she didn't say a thing.

ParadigmEnactedposted 4 years agoin reply to this

I gotta see the People Vs. Larry Flynt again real soon to refresh my memory.

3. sarahmoose profile image78
    sarahmooseposted 4 years ago

Mine happens to be a film I watched recently, 'What to Expect When You're Expecting'. Wendy's talk at the Baby Expo, when it goes viral online, is fantastic, because she is telling everyone that pregnancy is not the perfect and wonderful experience for everyone!! It is especially funny if you have been there :-)

4. EJ Lambert profile image72
    EJ Lambertposted 4 years ago

Jim Carrey in Liar Liar during the elevator scene.  It was the first time you realized he had to tell the truth and it was next to a beautiful woman in a place where he couldn't run away.  The sheer brilliance of the scenario and how Carrey brought it out had me in tears and the movie hadn't really even gotten started yet.  To this day I can recite the courtroom scenes word for word.

That was funny. I like when he kept having outbursts in the courtroom and when he said he was going to keep the air freshener when he went and got his car.

5. Sushma Webber profile image86
    Sushma Webberposted 4 years ago

I love the Pink Panther movies especially the first one in the scene around the lounge and fireplace!!

6. Efficient Admin profile image92
    Efficient Adminposted 4 years ago

Harrison Ford as Booker in Witness.
    Booker is disguised as an Amish guy and was hiding out with the Amish while he healed from a gunshot wound by crooked cops in Philadelphia. He was also protecting a little Amish boy who witnessed a cop kill another cop over drugs.
    One day Booker and his adoptive Amish family were riding their buggies through town and some local punks started harrassing them badly. Booker is going to teach these punks a lesson as he approaches the punks:
    Amish guy:  No Booker, that's not our way!
    Booker:  No, but it's mine.
    Booker then proceeds to beat the crap out of the punks, but unfortunately he blew his cover and the crooked cops from Philadelphia found where he was came after him.  Love this movie.

I came across that movie a few years ago while it was being shown on TV, but I couldn't sit down and watch it and there were a lot of parts I missed. What you described is one of the parts I missed. Hopefully I'll get to see the whole thing.

working