If Your Religious Belief or Logical Belief didn't.........

Jump to Last Post 1-8 of 8 discussions (70 posts)
  1. marinealways24 profile image59
    marinealways24posted 14 years ago

If your Religious Belief or your Logical Belief didn't give you passion and faith, would you still believe it?

1. profile image0
      Twenty One Daysposted 14 years agoin reply to this

"it": meaning the religion?
      actual is a good question...

marinealways24posted 14 years agoin reply to this

it meaning the chosen religious or logical belief.

1. profile image0
          Twenty One Daysposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Hmm, am curious to see the responses, because this is "The Ism" question: logic v sensation, which is right up my alley, Marine.
          Might open even further insight. Just ask Ceci. jeje.

2. ceciliabeltran profile image65
      ceciliabeltranposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I tried to understand the premise, but did not arrive.

Would there be religion or logical titled beliefs without their designers, passion and faith? The premise is that passion and faith build every belief.

1. ceciliabeltran profile image65

Define belief.

1. LarasMama profile image60
            LarasMamaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Honestly - this is the reason I am not religious. I sometimes wish I could fully believe in something. However after my experiences I have become a complete cynic - making me question the bad AND the good.

they are two sides of the same coin.

2. marinealways24 profile image59

Cecilia, Belief of the individual that keeps them content.

Laras, I am in the same boat, but I guarantee like I do, you question both beliefs with passion and faith that both lie to gain followers.

1. mohitmisra profile image59
              mohitmisraposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Because you are unable to understand it becomes a lie ?
              You talk of being logical ha.

lol Coming from the irrational one that believes and promotes they are a chosen prophet of an illusionary god in order to sell more horribly written ebooks. Are you being logical? Don't chime in if you don't want your bell rung.

So who gets ranked over the Bibles,Qurans and Bhawat Gitas? someone like you who cannot even write one piece when challenged to do so.

Common you claim to be so intelligent and I am supposed to be stupid ,have you written a better piece on Religions, its been months.

You need to perform ,forget and entire book of fifty one poems ,just one piece will do, less than 2% of what I have done and I will agree with you.

to finish a book is an achievement, to share it boldly is another achievement. Celebrate your accomplishments! Criticism means you've inspired some kind of reaction, say thanks for reading it.

He only gets reaction because it's entertaining to observe how lost he is. He is a good experimental observation of someone lost in ego and faith.

you mean:

Main Entry: be·lief
              Pronunciation: \bə-ˈlēf\
              Function: noun
              Etymology: Middle English beleave, probably alteration of Old English gelēafa, from ge-, associative prefix + lēafa; akin to Old English lȳfan — more at believe
              Date: 12th century

1 : a state or habit of mind in which trust or confidence is placed in some person or thing
              2 : something believed; especially : a tenet or body of tenets held by a group
              3 : conviction of the truth of some statement or the reality of some being or phenomenon especially when based on examination of evidence

?

To pick the simplest definition, let's go with number 1. big_smile

a habit of mind, is laziness to constantly update your model of reality. so by constantly reevaluating your world view, you infact expand your understanding.

Agreed, plus having an unbiased view.

3. ceciliabeltran profile image65

belief is a model of reality.

It is inherent in humans to have belief. In its most basic forms, belief that you exist is formed by logic, a passion to live and faith that what you see is true.

But is it?

Hmm, it could also be logical that we are just an illusion of existence created by our conscioiusness. We can't define how we arrived or came to exist, how can anything else be defined as absolute?

3. profile image0
      Justine76posted 14 years agoin reply to this

not so sure about passion, but if I didn't have faith then it woudln't be a belief in the first place. Or do you mean if you lost the faith you once had?

Passion is the emotion that makes you feel good in the belief. Faith and passion are the same, both emotion to believe. Logic attempts to separate emotion from belief, but does still require faith to some extent.

I think there is a call for a definition of Passion, marine.

My definition or one of websters? lol

Passion
          4 a (1) : emotion <his ruling passion is greed> (2) plural : the emotions as distinguished from reason
          http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/passion

Faith
          3 : something that is believed especially with strong conviction
          http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/faith

4. Springboard profile image84
      Springboardposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I think that's a difficult question, because for me the more answers I find, the more questions are generated as a result. I think we all have to be open minded, open to all possibility. No one should stop seeking answers. Choosing a religion closes too many doors for my liking.

1. Jerami profile image58
        Jeramiposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I was constantly going through that dificulty when I first went on a   "false interpretation hunt". 
          As I would discover one false interpretation to be done away with; three or more issues would become evident.
          I think that any time we stumbled upon what seems to be a contradiction there is usually a false interpretation or misleading assumption on our part that we are holding onto that causes the conflict..

But we never will answer all of everyones questions.
        We can however settle most of our own questions.

5. goldenpath profile image66
      goldenpathposted 14 years agoin reply to this

It does not give faith, passion maybe, but not faith.  Faith is fostered through the application of doctrines and practices and acknowledging the fruits of those efforts.  Gaining the "passion" is easy and is usually entered into blindly due to popularity of that belief or the flamboyant emotions conjured from that mindset.

I don't remember where it is written ...
        I remember God telling someone that they should not feel proud of themselves for anything.
          If they were smart... this was a gift from God and the person has nothing to be proud about for having recieved a gift.
           Even Faith. We should not be prideful for having faith for this too is a Gift that is given to whom ever God chooses to give it?
           If this is true?  We do not build faith ,, but God builds it within us.

1. goldenpath profile image66
          goldenpathposted 14 years agoin reply to this

....through our efforts and actions to foster it.  Scripture tells us that faith is as a mustard seed.  In order to grow it must be nurtured and fostered.  Faith is not a dormant object but a Spirit borne testament of the reality of the Father and the Son through the relative efforts of the one desiring such a testimony.

Logic
    : the science of the formal principles of reasoning
    http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/logic

Also not mentioned in any definitions I have seen is that logic separates emotions.

Reason
    Reason is often contrasted with authority, intuition, emotion, mysticism, superstition, and faith, and is thought by rationalists to be more reliable than these in discovering what is true or what is best.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reason

3. marinealways24 profile image59

73mohitmisraposted 3 minutes agoin reply to this
    Materialistic ebook ranking???

So you cannot done 2% of what I have done? Have the self awareness to acknowledge this.

What have you done and how do you know what I have or haven't done? You don't, you only think you know by faith. lol
    You are defined by your materialistic ebook ranking that has you believing you are a chosen prophet of God. Don't talk about self awareness when you have none. lol

Old habits do die hard, this is why what you write is predictable. lol

Your evidence for believing you are a prophet, you have seen a white light in meditation. lol

Someone comes on a religious forum and mocks a poet ranked so highly shows a very poor level of self awareness and logic.

Whats stopping you from writing a masterpiece?
      Lack of knowledge ?
      Or you are no master ,just cheap talk?

lol more mentioning of your rankings, again no self awareness.
        I see using logic that you have no self awareness or you wouldn't let your materialism define yourself.
        lol A Masterpiece, who besides you classifies it as that?

So you are just cheap talk and nothing else?

What book gets ranked over Bibles,Qurans and Bhagwat Gitas?

You are just an ebook ranking and nothing else?

Its still a book .Just in electronic format like the way we are writing on this  forum.

Great answer.

Hard copy is ranked in Top 10 Body,Mind and Spirit, Top 10 religious-Philosophy and Top 10 Poetry.
                  You can have a look at my profile.

Wonder what you will come up with next.

4. profile image0
    Miss Takeposted 14 years ago

passion and faith...

my religious belief does not give me passion.... or faith, i have faith in the religion of my choice, and i am mildly passionate, though less so of late.  Passion is n ot something you acquire because of your religion,,,,, it is to do with our emotional make up...... faith is something that can be strengthend by y our religion, but you can have faith in anything can't you?????

JUST THINKING ON THIS QUESTION ALOuD/, it is interesting.

What is your religious belief?

5. profile image0

you wan t the title of it or what i actually believe?

Both.

6. profile image0

well maybe is i tell you my beliefs in short,,,,,, do not have all day, you may guess it...

I believe god cares for us, he expects respect from us, we have so much to thank him for,,,,, he has a purpose for the earth, and the people on it..... he will never forsake us.  He has huge plans for the future, and power and conrol. God is love,

and who told you that?

2. Beelzedad profile image58
      Beelzedadposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I think it has been mentioned here several times that there are many people on earth that live in misery by no fault of their own, showing that there are no gods to care for them. The question would be why would god care for you and not them? smile

she does not, hence the belief.

2. profile image0
        Miss Takeposted 14 years agoin reply to this

i was of the opinion god cared for everyone, not just me..... i feel he really does.

1. Beelzedad profile image58
          Beelzedadposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Are you saying you didn't know there are many people in the world who have nothing and are not cared for by any gods? Does your opinion only include yourself? smile

7. profile image0

no one person told me that.... i had a spritual thirst or hunger, and looked around, studied, and for me this is what i believe to be true.......  i know i am probably in the minority, but i cling to it.... it feels right  and satisfies, my spiritual hunger, though i am still hungering and thirsting for truth, seeking and learning.

Scripture says... Jesus = the word of the true God.

Jesus said that when we drink his water that we will thirst no more. ??
        If we are still thirsty maybe we should drink out of a diffrent well ??
        OR ?? .. OR ..??..  we should swallow ??   instead of using it as a mouth wash  ???

Sorry   Don't mean to be arguementive !!  Just thinking out loud.
      Thinking and typing as I go.
      I'm sure that I do that way too much!!

Just a thought.

you are infact a majority.

8. Jerami profile image58
    Jeramiposted 14 years ago

I gotta go now..  start working on my honey-do list?/book?/library??..

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)