What increase or penalize hub score?

Jump to Last Post 1-4 of 4 discussions (13 posts)
  1. snakebaby profile image64
    snakebabyposted 14 years ago

I've seen related questions and answers, but seems nothing gives a thorough, complete list of all factors. For example, I thought I would be able to embed the site I want to promote in my article for better exposure, but later realized I would get penalized for that. I've read stuff about including rss to my profile, the thread/answer disappeared before I even had the chance to understand what it meant. I'm fairly new, now I'm confused what the purposes really are writing all the articles here. Making money off google adsense would only be possible if I get outsiders to visit my articles. I assume hub score directly affects how much traffic I may get from SE, but is it really true?
    Thanks!

2. profile image0
    Website Examinerposted 14 years ago

No, hubscore is for internal use only, it is of no relevance for Google search traffic.

For the record, you may provide one or two links to your website in hubs without getting penalized.

The purpose of writing? Most people enjoy themselves on this site, and if you want to improve your writing you will get useful feedback. Over time, it may also be a good investment.

snakebabyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Is that so! Thanks! I came here purely for promoting my sites, hoping one day by writing stuff here I would get better SE ranking. I did see someone talking about SE traffic, I guess it can happen but not easy to achieve that kind of result? I enjoyed hubpages, but may not be able to afford the time and effort if it doesn't do much for website promoting:-(

1. Super Chef profile image60
        Super Chefposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Welcome to Hub Pages snakebaby, after viewing your hubs and reading your profile biography. Wow- what a voice you have girl, I think your hubs are very well written and shows in your profile hub score also I think you have promoted your website very well in your profile bio and in one of your hubs. I wish I had a profile score within 9 days of being a member. Keep at it girl you are good.

Thanks a lot, Super Chef, for your kind encouragement. I did everything blindly so far and maybe something somehow worked for me. You have some great posts as well, mostly about cooking. I hate cooking, only enjoy eating, hehe. I may get some tips from you later :-)

2. profile image0
        Website Examinerposted 14 years agoin reply to this

There's a lot of dicussion about what works and what doesn't. The most experienced hubbers now recommend that you keep writing on subjects you are knowledgable about, eventually something may attract the search engines. But it is difficult to tell in advance. Take it nice and slow, see what happens, not such a big deal. You can look good on HubPages with even a relatively few quality hubs.

Thanks again. I've enjoyed being here, like a big family. I decided to let it be. I've learned a lot about nutritional supplement, I might just keep writing and spread my knowledge slowly.

3. I*n*v*i*c*t*u*s profile image60
    I*n*v*i*c*t*u*sposted 14 years ago

Hmmm. My fist account here has only 2 hubs .. they were popular.. I optimized them too.. That account has sat at an agerage 90 score for a year...

Points--

If you are just lingering while logged in-- it detracts from your score

YOU need to be active and be a member of the community! big_smile

Writeing regularly will keep it up too..

all I have to say

oh, and do not get caught up in the dreama/tantrums in the forums!

I'll try what I can. Thanks!

2. Trish_M profile image79
      Trish_Mposted 14 years agoin reply to this

"If you are just lingering while logged in-- it detracts from your score" [I*n*v*i*c*t*u*s]

Hello smile
      I'm confused ~ what does this mean, exactly?!

1. Marisa Wright profile image84
        Marisa Wrightposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I'm not sure what he's talking about.

This is how Hubscore is calculated:

http://hubpages.com/hub/Hubscore

4. Marisa Wright profile image84
    Marisa Wrightposted 14 years ago

Snakebaby, I use HubPages to promote my websites and I find it works. 

Write articles on subjects that are related to your site. You can include a maximum of 2 links to your site in each Hub. The most effective links are contextual.

You also need to write a few articles on other subjects with no links - because if every single one of your articles leads to the same site, that is classed as overly promotional and they may be deleted.

You can also include as many links as you like on your profile.

Good luck!

Thanks a lot for the extra tips! Congrats on your 100 score!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)