- Games, Toys, and Hobbies
Oz (Malkovich) Security Badge For the 'Game Over Man' Outbreak Easter Egg
The security badge for Oz is found in the B Holding area, inside a glass cell that is currently out of your reach. The cell can be elevated by lowering another cell, but that cell has a metal pipe blocking this task.
Steps To Obtain Oz's Security Badge
- Locate the Security Badge
- Remove the blockage
- Slam the cells into place
- Retrieve the Security Badge
Step 1: Locate the Security Badge
The security badge is located in the B Holding Area, inside a glass cell that is currently embedded in the ground. The picture below shows the room, which has two glass cells that are above ground. This room is best known for being a path to Exo Health, which is in the next Room.
Finding The Room
- Enter the B Holding area from the Main Hub.
- Walk down the B Holding hallway, take the last door on your left.
The Glass Cells
The two glass cell's on the right hand side of the room are similar to the cell that is embedded in the ground. The top of the above ground cells align with a stairway that leads down to the Exo Health Room.
- The cell containing the security badge is in the ground, next to the above ground cell that contains a toilet.
- The picture above shows an orange border around the top of the cell that contains the security badge.
The badge is visible if you stand on top of the cell and look down through the glass. It is laying on the floor of the cell and is currently out of your reach. To raise the cell, you will need to first lower the cell next to it. However, there is a metal pole below this cell that is blocking it from being lowered.
Step 2: Remove the Blockage
Before the glass cell can be lowered, the metal pipe must be removed. This is done by shooting the pipe until it is destroyed.
- The picture to the right shows the metal pipe that is under the cell.
- Shooting the pipe will cause it to first move slightly, but will eventually destroy it.
- Any gun can be used to remove the pipe, but it will take a lot of ammo.
- Using the EM1 appears to be the fastest way to remove the pipe, but you might not want to wait until you get this weapon from the 3D Printer.
- I have tried punching the pipe and using explosives, but neither method seemed to budge the pipe.
Multiplayer Game: Any player can shoot the pipe and lower the cage. But the player controlling Oz must pick up his Security Badge.
Solo Game: Make sure you save enough bullets to survive.
Step 3: Slam the Cells into place
After removing the blockage, you will be ready to move the glass cells around. Use the slam ability gained from Exo Slam to move the cell down by delivering your strike to the top of the cell.
- If done properly, the cell with the toilet will lower towards the ground and the cell containing your security badge will raise up a level.
Step 4: Retrieve the Security Badge
The cells will revert to their previous position in a matter of seconds, giving you little time to grab the badge. Jump down to the side of recently raised cell that faces the door to the B Holding hallway. You will be able to see the badge on the ground of the cell next to the door. Press your action button to equip the badge.
You will know if you have properly completed this step by looking at your character badge on the lower left hand side of you HUD. The number in the top right hand corner of the badge should have changed from 0 to 1. If playing solo, the number will depend on the number of badges collected before this badge.
Easter Egg Steps
If playing a multiplayer game, you will need to wait for all players to have their security badge before moving on to the next step. In a solo game, you will need to collect all four security badges before moving on to the next step.