jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Why do we allow companies to produce children’s toys that have harmful chemicals

1. Perfect Shop Girl profile image39
    Perfect Shop Girlposted 7 years ago

Why do we allow companies to produce children’s toys that have harmful chemicals in them?

2. snakebaby profile image77
    snakebabyposted 7 years ago

Companies are greedy, money is everything, harmful chemicals are cheaper, that is why I think. They want everything cheap, besides cheap labor, and that is why we have 9.6% unemployment rate. We do not allow them, but we continue to buy their toys, toys made from cheap labor, and companies make big $$, and they outsource more because we encourage them to do so, because we are not willing to pay more on merchandise after we are so used to cheap stuff; and then we complain we don't have a job, but continue to only buy cheap stuff, which keep the laboring outside the US, that is like a vicious circle.

3. Stump Parrish profile image60
    Stump Parrishposted 7 years ago

Bush deregulated the toy industry and thought it would be a good idea to place a CEO from a toy manufacturing company in a position that gave him responsibility for the safety of us children who play with these toys. I'm sure the right is pleased as punch with his decision. They feel that following safety proceedures and restrictions costs the company profits and then have the nerve to complain when these companies use cheaper lead based paints on Little Johnny's teething ring.

4. nightwork4 profile image61
    nightwork4posted 7 years ago

because money is what motivates us. people will say companies are greedy and only want to make money but it isn't the companies fault really. if people would only buy things from reputable companies, these other companies would disappear but i guess as asual it's easier to blame someone else.

Closed to reply

working