jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)

Do games like Gtr Hero and Rock Band ultimately inspire true musicianship or are

1. 6 String Veteran profile image63
    6 String Veteranposted 6 years ago

Do games like Gtr Hero and Rock Band ultimately inspire true musicianship or are they simply gimcks?

2. Enni82 profile image76
    Enni82posted 6 years ago

They were canceled by Activision recently. They might serve to get a few youngsters interested in music, but I am doubtful that number is very large.

3. Christian H. profile image71
    Christian H.posted 6 years ago

I don't really think they do much.  Personally, I've always felt like it was a way to make music overly easy.  You get the illusion of playing a song, but you're not actually doing it.

4. Kreation profile image71
    Kreationposted 6 years ago

I actually think that it made people look down on how hard playing real instruments actually is!

5. barbergirl28 profile image77
    barbergirl28posted 6 years ago

I think they are gimmicks... while it might envoke the want to play in a "Rock Band", I don't think it makes a person understand how difficult those instruments really are.

However, if a person doesn't know how to play the guitar and doesn't have the time to learn, I think it does serve a purpose of quenching that want... a little.

6. NicholasPacker profile image58
    NicholasPackerposted 6 years ago

As it is a business for people to buy these games, I believe that they have no intent on inspiring musicians but to create a lazier way to play their favorite songs artificially and at a cost.

7. 6 String Veteran profile image63
    6 String Veteranposted 6 years ago

There is a newer game called PowerGig: Rise of the 6 String which features a more guitar-like controller (with frets and 6 strings). However, reviews look lukewarm at best.

8. The Underholt profile image94
    The Underholtposted 6 years ago

Blue yellow yellow red blue blue red orange red red red red blue.

Sounds like Crazy Train doesn't it?

working