jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

Any bad effect of playing game on computer for a long time?

1. breathing profile image61
    breathingposted 6 years ago

Any bad effect of playing game on computer for a long time?

2. njmanura profile image91
    njmanuraposted 6 years ago

It's not good for the eye and it can cause problems in relationship with real (non virtual) people.

3. Jeff Berndt profile image85
    Jeff Berndtposted 6 years ago

Sure. Carpal tunnel syndrome, posture problems, and loss of physical fitness as a result of a sedentary passtime.

But blowing up spaceships is FUN!

The secret is moderation. Don't spend all your time at the computer, and you'll be fine.

4. profile image0
    AMBASSADOR BUTLERposted 6 years ago

It being a strain on your eyes which I get from time to time in answering questions on hubpages.

5. duffsmom profile image60
    duffsmomposted 6 years ago

Aside from the physical aspects mentioned, I believe there is a huge psychological effect.  For me it becomes an escape and I find that is all I want to do.

6. Ebey Soman profile image82
    Ebey Somanposted 6 years ago

I guess you can carpal tunnel and go blind. You can also gain excess weight from lack of exercise and be socially withdrawn.

7. kd4rvb profile image61
    kd4rvbposted 6 years ago

Having played online games for years I would say no, but then I never really had a life to begin with. Seriously though, playing video games as a whole can have serious psychological affects like depression, divorce, joblessness or they may have no impact at all. The same can be said for pretty much any hobby or obsession I can think of.