jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

How many board games do you own and why?

1. flashmakeit profile image70
    flashmakeitposted 6 years ago

How many board games do you own and why?

2. ChristinS profile image95
    ChristinSposted 6 years ago

We have probably a dozen or so.  I like to have game nights with the family and sometimes we even have a game night for friends and such to gather as well.  I find board games allow for more "face time" and personal engagement and conversations than simply playing a video game with the kids etc.  I like that it provides bonding time and a fun experience.

3. freecampingaussie profile image64
    freecampingaussieposted 6 years ago

We have a few games as we have fun together playing Rumicub or other games - have a laugh etc while playing - makes you think rather than just mindlessly watch tv all the time & brings you closer together as a family.

4. SopranoRocks profile image59
    SopranoRocksposted 6 years ago

My parents and siblings have hundreds.  We played board games a lot all through my childhood and every time we get together.  My 5 siblings and I buy more every time we are all together at the home where we grew up; my mother still lives there.  We are a wacky bunch and our laughter when together is unlike any other.  Board games are an amazing way to bond and make many wonderful memories.

5. BlossomSB profile image92
    BlossomSBposted 6 years ago

Too many! But I think they are great, especially when there are children around as they can learn so much in a fun way. I even have my Mother's Chinese Checkers and my Grandmother's Pilgrim's Progress. One of my daughters does not play any with her children as she thinks they're a waste of time, but the others do. I think an evening spent playing games in a family is a precious time of togetherness and there should be more of it.

6. Sjlifed profile image59
    Sjlifedposted 6 years ago

Too many and forever adding new ones! but my favourite are still classics like Risk, Monopoly and Cluedo! LOLL. the best childhood memories!!

7. houseclearance profile image62
    houseclearanceposted 6 years ago

I think I only have about three in my house, I like to play scrabble though, I won the time I played it