How would you.plan a baby shower so that it is a lot less tacky than the traditi

1. klayne profile image60
    klayneposted 6 years ago

How would you.plan a baby shower so that it is a lot less tacky than the traditional?

I am an early twenties mom with early twenties friends, as well as somewhat traditional family members. My best friends are throwing me an outdoor "sprinkle" at the park. What can we do to make sure everyone is able to enjoy the event?

2. mooboomoo profile image80
    mooboomooposted 6 years ago

All home made (get your friends to pitch in) with a classic theme to tone down the tacky. I am within a group of early thirties ladies and we still sing classic 80's songs down hairbrushes and TV remotes. Carry on with what you love to do and you will have a wonderful time.

I wrote a Hub about it a little while ago … Food-Ideas

3. thebiologyofleah profile image92
    thebiologyofleahposted 6 years ago

I'm not a big fan of bridal and baby showers, because nowadays the bride or mom-to-be fills out the registry and specifically asks for what they want, and then everyone has to sit there and watch her open everything she knows she is already getting! It just seems odd and a little tacky to me.
    I agree with mooboomoo, having delicious food and desserts especially homemade is a nice thank you to the guests. Also personalizing it to the guest of honor is nice.  As well I like the somewhat cheesy things to do like gift bingo for the guests to take part in while the gifts are being opened.