jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Does anyone keep an autograph album these days?

1. BlossomSB profile image93
    BlossomSBposted 6 years ago

Does anyone keep an autograph album these days?

When I was a young teenager it was very popular to have an autograph album. Not only did friends sign their names, but most filled the page with poems, quotes and even drawings. It's such fun looking back on them now.

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/6347802_f260.jpg

2. tillsontitan profile image85
    tillsontitanposted 6 years ago

Unfortunately Blossom I think autograph albums are things of the past, unless there is someone keeping a celebrity autograph album.  You don't see kids with them anymore, not even for special occasions.

3. ImpGamer profile image48
    ImpGamerposted 6 years ago

As wierd as it sounds, I do remember something similar to this. I think I was in grade school, and it was something specific. It wasn't the yearbook signing. I think we did something like this before we went to the zoo.

And of course, autograph albums are popular for children visiting Disney.

4. teaches12345 profile image95
    teaches12345posted 6 years ago

Not that I know of, but perhaps those who scrapbook include such novelties in their albums. I do have autographs of some famous people but they are inside the picture frames with their photos.

5. shara63 profile image67
    shara63posted 6 years ago

BlossomSB its a subject of emotional debate.... and i'm extremely sorry to say that emotions & feelings have become commodities, having a gud business value now a days.... the present era is a 'Fast Food & Face Book Era..everything is done on urgent basis, in a hurry.. Books & albums are replaced by 'face book'..even the relations finding it hard to acomodate themslseves in proper places & are disappointed for failing to reach their full span for the short of time......  In this tight situation how can we imagine these so called outdated things are able to hold some respectable place in our lives?..and its really really shocking & a bad sign for the family & social values!

6. Peggy W profile image93
    Peggy Wposted 6 years ago

Autograph books can bring back many memories when read in later years.  Some of mine from the 1950s & '60s. read more

working