jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

I have to attend a baby shower next week, any suggestions on the gift?

1. dipsmi profile image72
    dipsmiposted 5 years ago

I have to attend a baby shower next week, any suggestions on the gift?

I have to attend a baby shower next week, any suggestions on the gift? Some told me that I should get gift for the would be parents too while others say that I should only buy for the baby. I am confused. Please help.

2. peeples profile image91
    peeplesposted 5 years ago

Depending on how much you are looking to spend you could do both. Get a gift card for a local place to eat for the parents after the baby is born. Then get something for the baby. If they have a registery that would be best to follow. If not all I can do is tell you do not get them newborn size diapers. They grow out of them far too fast and everyone seems to give them. You could get things like baby rattles, blankies, bottles if mom plans to bottle feed, or a gift kit that comes with a little of everything. If mom is going to breastfeed try making her a breastfeeding basket with things like nipple cream, reusable breast pads, bottled drinks for mom, snacks she can eat while breastfeeding, and maybe a couple cute onsies that say cute things about being breastfed on them.

3. cactusbythesea profile image87
    cactusbytheseaposted 5 years ago

In my opinion it's best to buy something for the baby for a baby shower, especially if this is a first child.  New parents need just about anything.

I usually give baby toys at baby showers.  Baby toys are fun to shop for and will last a lot longer than newborn clothes and other gear.

4. backporchstories profile image81
    backporchstoriesposted 5 years ago

Now days, people can register for baby gifts at all kinds of stores or even on line.  Check with the expectant parents and see if they are registered.  If not, create a basket of small necessities, like baby lotion, ointments, wipes, powder and rattles, then include a card with some money to help them get the things they need but don't recieve.  Use rattles or small stuffed animals to decorate the bow on the gift.  One gift that is always appreciated is diapers.  Can never have enough diapers!

working