jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (10 posts)

What video games have you been addicted to throughout your lifetime?

1. Rrisen profile image78
    Rrisenposted 5 years ago

What video games have you been addicted to throughout your lifetime?

I'm talking bottomline 50 hours of gameplay or more.

My personal top 3 are:
    1) Halo 3 [1000+ hours]... 2) Age of Empires II [250+ hours]... 3) TimeSplitters 2 [200+ hours]... other 50+ hours for me are Mass Effect, KOTOR2, Modern Warfare 2, Dragon's Dogma, SW: Battlefront 1 & 2...
    Any have a collection of video game addictions?

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/6896977_f260.jpg

2. netslums profile image85
    netslumsposted 5 years ago

Don't know how many hours for each, but here's my top 5.
    1) .hack series (PS2)
    2) Call of Duty series (PS3)
    3) Halo series (Xbox, 360)
    4) Kingdom Hearts series (PS2, DS)
    5) Fable series (Xbox, 360)

3. JBrumett profile image60
    JBrumettposted 5 years ago

Game that I've played most would be Xenogears.  It's pretty old now, and the graphics are cheesy.  When it came out that game was freaking awesome though.

Other games of note would be:

FF10 (Square is re-rendering this in HD to release it again)
    Deus Ex
    Legend of Dragoon
    Xenosaga
    Farcry

MMO's and FPS

Rappelz
    Lord of Rings Online
    Aion
    DC Universe Online
    TF2

1. netslums profile image85
      netslumsposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Oh my god! How could I forget about Legend of Dragoon?? I've already purchased it off the PSN Store, but I'm waiting for Sony to patch PS1 playability onto the Vita so I can enjoy it on the go! smile

2. GamerxGuy profile image62
      GamerxGuyposted 5 years agoin reply to this

1: World of Warcraft
      2: Skyrim
      3: SWTOR
      4: Runescape - ashamed.
      5: Halo 3

4. junkseller profile image86
    junksellerposted 5 years ago

Is that a minimum of 50 hours of gameplay a week? Because I think in total I've logged 50+ hours on every game I've ever played. The only one, though, I would say I was addicted to was World of Warcraft. Loved that game. My addiction was cured for me, however, when my account was hacked into and everything I had was stolen.

I've put a lot of time into Baldur's Gate, the Heroes of Might and Magic series, the Civilization series, and the original Fallouts (those were great games).

1. cfin profile image81
      cfinposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Civilization is just the best, even the simpler ones like civ rev on ps3.

5. newcalendar profile image68
    newcalendarposted 5 years ago

Quite a few, growing up with sega there was Sonic 2,3,Sonic and Knuckles, Panzer Dragoon Zwei, Saga, Skies of Arcadia, Shinobi 3 to name a few, mainly arcade games too, always liked the metal slug series.

These days it's been the elder scrolls games, half life's orange box, tenchu series and the fable series but I've only just landed a 360 so theres probably a ton more to list in the future!

6. mcbel profile image71
    mcbelposted 5 years ago

Jedi Power Battles. I'd play it with my dad every Saturday morning. You'd play on the same screen with a camera angle from above, kinda like those Lord of the Rings games. This was for the PS1 though. The camera would pan with the person in front, so my dad would always yell at me when he fell behind and died because he couldn't see his character. GOOD times. I plan on playing it with my son when he's old enough.

7. cfin profile image81
    cfinposted 5 years ago

007 goldeneye

Civilization, the entire series including revolution on ps3

Football manager and championship manager (pure insanity) starting with champ manager 3.

Gran turismo from 1 through 5

Command and conquer (most the original red alert)

even now with a wife and kids, I make time for civilization (which my wonderful wife actually plays too) and gran turismo (5 which she hates).

working