To girl gamers: How do you react when people call you a guy? Or when they find o

1. missa72542 profile image95
    missa72542posted 5 years ago

To girl gamers: How do you react when people call you a guy? Or when they find out you are a girl?

For example, when I play world of warcraft... If someone refers to me as a guy I do one of a couple different things: I either inform them I am a girl, shrug it off, or 'hint' towards being a girl, so that I don't seem like a snob when correcting them.

If they start saying things like... I'm lying or something like that, I just ignore them from then on.

I don't hide the fact that I'm a girl in games, but I don't exactly broadcast it either. 

So, how do YOU react?

2. Veroniquebee profile image76
    Veroniquebeeposted 5 years ago

Well, I do not play online games, so the possibility of me being called "guy" or "man" is reduced. But men definitely double-take when I tell them that I actually *do* play computer games outside Solitaire. Also, I grew up kind of a tomboy, so when they call me "man", "boy" or "mate", I actually feel quite flattered, since to me it's a sign they welcome me among themselves. And that's what gaming is about, no? Gamer girl and gamer boys, rejoice!

3. Georgie Lowery profile image95
    Georgie Loweryposted 5 years ago

I don't game much online, I did play World of Warcraft when we had real internet (we have HughesNet now). But I can relate. Even here on HubPages with my user picture and all, people see "George" instead of "Georgie" (my full first name is Georgianna) and they think I'm a dude. I find it funny, sometimes.

working