jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (19 posts)

What is your favorite board or card game that's been around for decades, and do

1. Charlu profile image82
    Charluposted 5 years ago

What is your favorite board or card game that's been around for decades, and do your children play?

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/7518022_f260.jpg

2. multiculturalsoul profile image82
    multiculturalsoulposted 5 years ago

We have many favorites. It depends on who "chooses." See the following hub for all we have played over the years:

http://multiculturalsoul.hubpages.com/h … dren-Learn

Charluposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Your hub is awesome with so many options to teach so much in such a fun way.  Thank you and I hope that others take a peek at what they may be missing.

3. jennshealthstore profile image89
    jennshealthstoreposted 5 years ago

I love yatzee and rummy. Both of those games I played as a child and have taught my child to play. I love it when things are passed down from generation to generation!

They are both so much fun and I couldn't agree more about passing things down for generations.

4. cat on a soapbox profile image96
    cat on a soapboxposted 5 years ago

My personal favorite is rummikub. As a  family, favorites are Yahtzee, Chinese checkers, and Monopoly. We all plan to play the Beatles version of Monopoly on New Year's Eve.

OK I have no idea what rummikub is????  I have played the others and what a great idea for New Years Eve!

2. cat on a soapbox profile image96
      cat on a soapboxposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Rummikub is a rummy tile game for 2-4 people. I just learned it 2 years ago and am hooked!

3. Charlu profile image82

Thanks now I can find someone that knows how to play or wants to learn and maybe I'll be hooked.  Have a happy new year and may you and yours be blessed beyond imaginable.

5. tussin profile image59
    tussinposted 5 years ago

I still like Risk, but it takes forever.  It's one of those games you have to play on special occasions when there are enough people around who have nothing better to do.

I don't remember playing Risk, but if I did it was a long time ago.  Your right about some games take so long and numerous people that they're only played when nothing else is going on.

6. logoquiz profile image72
    logoquizposted 5 years ago

The most classic boardgame for me and my family is Monopoly, it get brought out every christmas along with the card game Uno.

Ahhh I love playing them both.

7. profile image0
    CJ Sledgehammerposted 5 years ago

Our favorite card games are 500 Rummy and solitaire. Our favorite board games are checkers, chinese checkers, chess, Monopoly, Clue and Battleship.

Love them all and some seem to be among the all time favorites for many, even though I haven't heard about to many playing chess.  I love to play chess even though I am not very good at it .smile

2. profile image0
      CJ Sledgehammerposted 5 years agoin reply to this

If you are no good at Chess...then perhaps we should play...God knows I'm hard-up for a victory! :0)

3. Charlu profile image82

I'm 99% sure that would be the outcome of the match.  I get frustrated if I try and play an automated version because even as a beginner it takes  no time and checkmate. smile

4. profile image0
      CJ Sledgehammerposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Keep trying...practice makes perfect. :0)

5. Charlu profile image82

That's what  I keep telling myself and I'm still waiting smile))

working