jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (5 posts)

What makes Call of Duty's "Zombie mode" so popular?

1. JohnGreasyGamer profile image83
    JohnGreasyGamerposted 4 years ago

What makes Call of Duty's "Zombie mode" so popular?

This question has been bugging me for some time, and I can't think of any particularly good answer other than "because it's a nice revamp of an older game mode". In your opinion, what makes Call of Duty's 'zombie' survival mode so popular, and why do you personally like it?

2. Video-Games profile image61
    Video-Gamesposted 4 years ago

the only good answer i thought of is because COD fans were tired of same thing again and again with just different title.they have to put something different in order to boost up the game sale and not to let gamer's again criticizing the franchise, they launched zombie mode in black ops 1 and due to this success black ops 2 was announced. God knows what they are thinking but i am pretty tired of COD franchise, they should have to think something new, but wait another COD is on its way "Call of Duty Ghosts", i think they are now just releasing it to compete with battlefield franchise which become more successful in recent years.

1. JohnGreasyGamer profile image83
      JohnGreasyGamerposted 4 years agoin reply to this

This is a good point. Sadly the problem with CoD is not what it does, but what it doesn't do - instead of pouring resources into new things, it just piles them into Zombies mode, but you're right in the sense it makes a nice change ^^

3. lburmaster profile image83
    lburmasterposted 4 years ago

Honestly, I just watch people play it. Kenny can play it for hours upon hours without dying with his run-and-gun strategy. My brother adores the game to play with friends in an attempt at teamwork. But I don't see the appeal. I'm waiting for Ghost.

4. BlocksNGuns profile image80
    BlocksNGunsposted 4 years ago

It's probably the combination of strategy, constant tension and the ability to discover new things. The die-hard zombie fans probably all bought the DLC's featuring a TON of new stuff to explore. Also, when playing with friends, some moment can be hilarious (been there).

working