jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

Least favorite genre of video game and why???

1. RPGDude77 profile image59
    RPGDude77posted 4 years ago

Least favorite genre of video game and why???

2. Tonyx35 profile image61
    Tonyx35posted 4 years ago

Racing games. Why? Even with practice I'm still terrible at games like Gran Turismo and Forza.

3. JohnGreasyGamer profile image83
    JohnGreasyGamerposted 4 years ago

I'm going to go with sport, excluding racing as that's often seen as part of the sports genre. It's just because I don't like sport and never will, and you can disguise it in anyway you want (Blood Bowl), but I don't understand the rules and the controls are abominable.

4. kschang profile image90
    kschangposted 4 years ago

Me, being a guy who average or less reflexes, hate platform games.

I am okay with racing games, if I can tune the AI a little.

5. Inutero profile image73
    Inuteroposted 4 years ago

I'd have to say puzzle games.
    I enjoy rpg, racing, and sandbox.

6. profile image0
    sheilamyersposted 4 years ago

I don't like the shooting games. It's not that I'm against the violence or anything like that, I'm just not good at responding to the fast pace. I usually end up getting killed within minutes of starting the game. No matter how much I try, I can't seem to get any better.

7. M. T. Dremer profile image94
    M. T. Dremerposted 4 years ago

I think my least favorite genre is real time strategy (RTS). I get frustrated when, after taking the time to build up my base, I have to then start over in the next level. It would be like leveling up, only to get kicked back to level 1 when you enter a new area, where you are then forced to re-learn the same skills you just acquired. Some RTS games have fixed this and allowed more to carry over, but I've never bothered to go back. Though I do find it odd that I enjoy the tower defense genre of games, which is an offshoot of RTS.

I also find that I dislike first person shooters and stealth games, but I'm willing to tolerate them for a good story or a unique experience.

working