jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (6 posts)

What hobby most conflicts with your love of HubPages?

1. Easy Exercise profile image86
    Easy Exerciseposted 3 years ago

What hobby most conflicts with your love of HubPages?

As an avid gardener and a golfer wannabe I am torn when the season warms and I must tear myself away from my beloved Hub Pages. What hobby conflicts with your love of Hub Pages?

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/8958279_f260.jpg

2. RTalloni profile image89
    RTalloniposted 3 years ago

Oh yes, the seasons have their distractions…
    My problem is that I want to write about the hobbies I'm involved in, currently I am mostly creating and sewing handbags when I'm not in the garden, but when I'm doing those things I'm also thinking through really important topics I could write about and trying to figure out when I can do the outline for those hubs so I can get them posted.  All that means that everything conflicts with my love of writing so I have to carefully prioritize and choose what's most important.  Nothing new there since that's how life generally works.  We have to say c'est la vie and go forward with an organized plan if we want to make the most of our opportunities!

Easy Exerciseposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Oh, the organized plan - I am working on that one. I have the photos, I have the ideas and yes, I have found writer's block - I now know when I am not in a "writing mode"-fascinating evolution of skills.To know when and when not that is the question.

3. chef-de-jour profile image97
    chef-de-jourposted 3 years ago

Lots of things can potentially distract me from writing on HP but what I try to do sometimes is combine distraction with writing, so I may take some photos say when out walking and hiking and try and write an article when I get back to the laptop!
    Some days I'm successful, others not.
    Work gets in the way too - thought I'd mention that little distraction! I guess my ideal world would be me full time writing both online and for print publications which I've done occasionally in the past. At present I couldn't earn enough to justify that move but in another two or three years I might have journeyed someway towards that dream?!

Easy Exerciseposted 3 years agoin reply to this

The body of work must equal the quality and the title is the key. If you truly desire a professional career in writing you are on your way as you have found a true gem in learning and practicing.
      I am a much better writer than when I started here.

4. M. T. Dremer profile image95
    M. T. Dremerposted 3 years ago

Not so much a hobby, but my novel writing seems to be counter productive to HubPages and vice versa. I can only spend so much energy writing and it can be hard to decide which one is more important. You'd think it would be the novel writing, but hubs generate revenue faster, so it's a bit of a pickle.

working