jump to last post 1-15 of 15 discussions (15 posts)

Is writing your hobby or your career?

1. ronhi profile image75
    ronhiposted 6 years ago

Is writing your hobby or your career?

Am not just talking about hubpages...anything you write, do you do it as a career or just as a hobby? and would you or are you doing it full-time?

2. vansh121 profile image67
    vansh121posted 6 years ago

Firstly it is my passion. I cannot live without it. Although I know I am not even equal to other hubbers. I found myself dwarf before them. I like to spend many hours in reading and writing, but it is not my career. I want to become a good teacher, who can help to explore student's hidden talents.

3. anusha15 profile image89
    anusha15posted 6 years ago

I'm just doing it part time at moment, and it is a hobby. But it's a hobby which I would love to convert into my career, at least part of my career.

Writing as a career is rather fulfilling as far as creative expression is concerned, but it has it own challenges too.

4. wychic profile image89
    wychicposted 6 years ago

For me it is a career, and it is full-time. I am very happy with where my career is going, and certainly wouldn't change anything about it. Before it was my career, writing has always been something in which I knew I could excel, and that it could one day be worth something to me. Thankfully, I was right, and I'm one of the few people I know who loves to get up and start work every day.

5. Rehana Stormme profile image82
    Rehana Stormmeposted 6 years ago

Writing is a hobby for me, and I'd love to do it full-time as a career!

6. ronhi profile image75
    ronhiposted 6 years ago

@Iqbalala...and if i ask,"would you be a full time writer?"

7. marek504 profile image69
    marek504posted 6 years ago

A hobby for me.  I feel the need to exercise the creative after a long day of work.

8. asmaiftikhar profile image78
    asmaiftikharposted 6 years ago

for me writing is every thing means hobby and career both.

9. cre8ivOne profile image76
    cre8ivOneposted 6 years ago

Writing is my hobby but I would like to make it a career. : )

10. Rosie2010 profile image77
    Rosie2010posted 6 years ago

Definitely a hobby for me.  I am not really a writer.  I started writing on Hubpages just to see if I could earn money writing, and to my pleasant surprise.. I can!   Not a lot of money, only $100 every two or three months.. it still amazes me!  I write only on Hubpages and I have a couple of blogs on Bloggers.  I like Hubpages because HP gives us so many ways to earn money, plus the community is very helpful and friendly.

11. profile image0
    Phoebe Pikeposted 6 years ago

I wish it was my career, but I can't afford to quit my job and take it on full-time.

12. Seeker7 profile image96
    Seeker7posted 6 years ago

For me it's a bit of both. I love writing as a hobby but I am working towards making it, at least an extra income, but I'd love it to be my main work.

13. kannanwrites profile image93
    kannanwritesposted 6 years ago

Writing for me is a hobby. I love what I do full-time and I would like to keep writing only a hobby.

14. sir_tallest profile image64
    sir_tallestposted 6 years ago

to me.....it's really a hobby....hope to build it as a career soon anyway

15. animekid profile image71
    animekidposted 6 years ago

At this point in my life, writing is my career, and I'm pretty happy with it thus far. The world is changing and the way people earn a living is changing along with it, so I'm lucky that I've been able to take what started out five years ago as a way to deal with personal tragedy and a total hatred for my former place of employment, and turn it in to a fledgling freelance business.

And out of all of that I started my business KeyWords Media, where I write webcopy for business sites and blogs and of course I do a lot of ghostwriting for other freelancers.