jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (7 posts)

Do you know any books with puzzles in them that are not puzzle books?

1. Molly Layton profile image80
    Molly Laytonposted 2 years ago

Do you know any books with puzzles in them that are not puzzle books?

Full disclosure: Your answer may be utilized in a hub.

For my definition, a "puzzle book" is any book that focuses almost entirely with presenting the reader with puzzles. I'm thinking more of books that have puzzles, but also have fully developed plots and characters. It's okay if you don't know any.

2. Nolapete profile image83
    Nolapeteposted 2 years ago

Mysteries, who done it type, and others with plots that keep you on the edge until the end.

3. Theo20185 profile image85
    Theo20185posted 2 years ago

"Pale Fire" is one. The novel starts with a poem. The poem was supposed to be 1,000 lines, but the writer was shot before providing the last line. It then has footnotes and commentary on the poem from his neighbor and editor. Through reading everything, you are left to your own devices to piece together the story.

4. LoisRyan13903 profile image81
    LoisRyan13903posted 2 years ago

There was a book called Masquerade by Kit Williams.  It was a book that had illustrations in it and a poem with each picture.  The book was a puzzle and if you solved the puzzle, you won a gold rabbit worth several thousand dollars.

1. Molly Layton profile image80
      Molly Laytonposted 2 years agoin reply to this

I actually owned a copy of that one, and the guidebook that was released after the puzzle had been solved.

2. LoisRyan13903 profile image81
      LoisRyan13903posted 2 years agoin reply to this

At first it looked easy and was able to some of the riddles on the page, but was stuck after that.  Borrowed the book from the library.

5. Molly Layton profile image80
    Molly Laytonposted 2 years ago

Puzzles are great, but what if they were more than they are? What if they had plots and characters? Truth is, some already do. read more

working