jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

What happened to Pokemon Go?

1. friendlywebguy profile image80
    friendlywebguyposted 15 months ago

What happened to Pokemon Go?

Is it still around? Why isn't it as popular?

2. Rocket-Science profile image88
    Rocket-Scienceposted 15 months ago

The main thing is, for the mega fans, it was severely lacking in content. It was a cool idea, but its really only Pokemon by having the creatures. There really isn't anything to DO with them once you catch one.

It was pretty cool to get so many people active, but it essentially became boring too quickly, because there wasn't any progression.

So it is still there, it just isn't nearly what it was hyped up to be. Doesn't mean it is bad, just not drawing people to use it for more than a few weeks before they burn out.

friendlywebguyposted 15 months agoin reply to this

I just checked and realized the app was still on my phone but I haven't opened it for months. I guess that was my problem. It was very repetitive and got boring.

3. Paxash profile image98
    Paxashposted 15 months ago

I know the recent Halloween update caused a small resurgence in people playing, but the main problem is that was pretty much the first major content update since it came out. People get bored easily.

I also personally know several people who say they'll start playing again if the promised gen 2 update comes, so there's that.

friendlywebguyposted 15 months agoin reply to this

What was in the Halloween update? And what is the gen 2 update supposed to contain?

working