jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (5 posts)

Is Satan a fallen angel? If so isn't it time to update the bible roster to inclu

1. profile image59
    spock28posted 3 years ago

Is Satan a fallen angel? If so isn't it time to update the bible roster to include some more ?

2. Lee Lee 513 profile image60
    Lee Lee 513posted 3 years ago

I honestly think that Satan was around with Adam and Eve but Lucifer was cast after Noah. I believe that Lucifer still wants to go back to heaven and is in limbo on earth. Satan is God's adversary, were Lucifer loved God but hated people, for not listening to God and like any older brother, when he didn't listen, he rebelled. I think God cast him on earth to live among us to change his heart.

3. DeepThought258238 profile image70
    DeepThought258238posted 3 years ago

Yes, Satan is a fallen angel. There are many bible accounts that verify this but one in particular that sticks out are the words spoken by Jesus in John 8:44 where in part he said, "...That one was a manslayer when he began, and he did not stand fast in the truth, because truth is not in him..."Here Jesus clearly shows that Satan at one time stood fast in the truth but then turned to doing bad.

Now as far as Lucifer goes many have been taught that name refers to the Devil or another fallen angel. However research shows that the bible does not teach that. In the King James Version in Isaiah 14:12 it is quoted this way "How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! how art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken the nations." The word Lucifer is translated from the Hebrew word heh-lel' which means shining one. This is a title which the Kings of the line of Nebuchadnezzar  took on in a  boastful position. The context of chapter 14 reveals that God is talking about how that dynasty of kings would come to an end and the kingdom of Babylon would see it's downfall.

Other translations that accurately render it "shining one" are NWT, Byington, and American Standard Version.

To learn more visit www.jw.org

1. profile image59
      spock28posted 3 years agoin reply to this

frankly , i wasn't aware of this! Thanks

4. Kara Moon profile image59
    Kara Moonposted 3 years ago

the account of Lucifer being a fallen angel of God is in the book City of God written by Sister Mary of Agreda.  Her story is an interesting one.  The book can be read online.

working