jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (14 posts)

Fallout New Vegas

1. Captain Redbeard profile image59
    Captain Redbeardposted 6 years ago

Aside from the game freezing every 2 minuets, sometimes perminitly and having to restart, it's ok. I like FO3 better.

My problem is that I told Boone and Rex to go wait for me at the Lucky and they disappeared off the game!!! I'm not stuck with Veronica who I hate! All the other people I've picked up along the way are cool or what ever but I want my dog and sniper back! My friend told me about the Companion Dismissal Terminals and how I should be able to call them home at any time however I havent found it the furgen thing yet. I'm playing on a PS3, is there anyway that the CDT's are only for the PC and not on the PS3???

1. David 470 profile image87
      David 470posted 5 years ago in reply to this

I think I like Fallout 3 better as well.

2. profile image0
      Indigitalposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Go to Vault 22 - take the lift to the second bottom floor. They should be there, if they're lost. Also, if they're waiting under your orders, you should spot them on the map. It'll be a triangle with their name under.

I think Fallout 3's story was better but Fallout New Vegas has better factions, better companions and better weapons. It's an upped version + it has less radiation and hardcore mode.

Captain Redbeardposted 5 years ago in reply to this

They're not anywhre here in vault 22...............I'm starting this POS game over again. Forget the rest Boone and Rex is the best.

1. profile image0

Hmm, strange. You should try getting an update.

+ Veronica is the best on social, I find her amusing (and Felicia Day's voice is incredible) but on skill, it's Boone & ED-E after he's had his upgrades.

Yeah I just started over. I can't justify buying an upgrade for a game that freezes constintly.

1. profile image0

Does it freeze all the time? If so, you should try and get that fixed. Or you may have the console sitting on the fan side, thus making the console overheat. I wouldn't bash the game for freezing because Fallout has enough memory to keep running for 8-10 hours a day without fault. Either you're playing it too much or it's something other than the game.

3. ALMIGHTY CHEEKS profile image77
      ALMIGHTY CHEEKSposted 5 years ago

the terminals are in all versions. you can find it at the Gun Runners which is just north of Camp Mccarren. And yeah the freezing can be unbearable and has really dampened my experience with nv

1. profile image0

You can also find one when you go to the lift in the Lucky 38. I just send all my followers there though so there's no need for it (in my opinion)

4. jonmcclusk profile image60
      jonmccluskposted 5 years ago

I like Fallout 3 Mainly because it just grabbed me and pulled me into the game more, but New Vegas still supplies me with plenty of entertainment that I can be quite happy about.

The freezing also happens to me, as I suspect now it happens to everyone. Nevertheless, it should interfere with the characters themselves. Have you checked back at the Lucky 38 to see if they're there? Also, have you checked all of the other places that companions could be sent to? It's possible they could have gone somewhere else.

Jon - I checked the lucky 38 and they are a no show. I don't know where else they would be though.

Almighty - I can't fnd the terminal at Gun Runners.I am missing it. I'm looking at sites that tell me where it supposedly is and there is nothing.........I fear my Boone and Rex are gone for good and it makes me want to start the whole stupid game over like the last 60 hours of GP never happened lol

1. ALMIGHTY CHEEKS profile image77
          ALMIGHTY CHEEKSposted 5 years ago in reply to this

are you playing online? the terminal was added in an update.

No on PS3

1. ALMIGHTY CHEEKS profile image77
              ALMIGHTY CHEEKSposted 5 years ago in reply to this

yeah that explains it as there was an update in august or so that added them in

working