- Death & Loss of Life
How To Prevent a Suicide
This is a serious matter, and we will try to make our best to give a resourceful advice.
By the numbers.
Every 40 seconds a person decides to exit world. This is an staggering number that completely surpasses the death caused by war and homicides altogether. There is no doubt whatsoever that our young generations are taking life in their own hands literally. Sad enough social services are not having enough resources to reduce the rate of suicides in our own Country.
Coping with suicidal thoughts
These are general live savers that can apply for the person you care about
- Make them feel that they are not alone. 1 in 6 will go through this all their lives.
- They are not weak, flaw or going simply crazy. explain to them that sharing the pain will help them to spread the load of guiltiness. Make their days with a smile.
- Hope is out there, and we've got to be in contact with them continuously
On the Hospital
Ask the doctor how efective can be to bring a pet to get involved in their healing. Some hospitals keep a follow up program after being release. The first week is importan in preventing a pending 'dangerous' thought. Statistics show that the rate of suicide is higher among persons that went home and never were asked to come back for a follow up evaluation.
Fact: Premature born people are more likely to take their lives when older, regardless of weight and health.~~ScientificAmerican.com
lifestyles changes that can save a life
Most depressive people are prone to take that awful step, but we can prevent it or stop it. Here are the basic steps, which you can adapt it to your own style, and timing of course:
- Make sure you take a walk away from the House. Fresh air, like the Sun helps you to boost that energy. Your body was made to move and feel..!
- If there are animals around make them part of the therapy. Make them feel important. That's the key.
- Same as said before, surrounding the depressed person with children and their contagious smile, can create some antibodies and of course the desire to continue with their regular expectations in their lives
- This is important for the drug abuser; is important to join the whole family in the process of healing because the stigma from society falls on them like the black death from bygone times.
- Women go through hormonal changes, so they need patience and care.
- Hobbies, long trip destinations and unexpected visits to cheer them up is crucial
- Shopping sprees and gifts that can be useful, activate their brains and make them feel wanted. We all need surprises.
If you think you need help right now, please call for help!
Call 1-800-273-TALK or visit Befrienders Worldwide to find a helpline in your country. Or talk to someone you trust and let them know how bad things are.
More interesting reading... take a minute.
- End of The Game
A story that might be unfolding at a nearby neighborhood. The consequences of not treating ADD/ADHD on its early stages could be devastating. This story can be happening, as we said, in any place, at any time...