brittvan22 profile image 75

What are some of the worst things you can say to someone in grief?

We all deal with death at one time or another, its a part of all our lives. Sometimes people's hurt can really cut you when you are in the grief process. What are some of the worst well meaning words of comfort you heard when you were in grief?

MsDora profile image94

Dora Isaac Weithers (MsDora) says

Lisa HW profile image83

Lisa HW says

• brittvan22 profile image

brittvan22 4 years ago

My sentiments were just like you, except I said if one more person tells me something like that and they have their mother, it's on. Luckily they didn't. Sometimes the best thing is to say nothing or sorry for your loss can't imagine how you feel.

kj force profile image76

kjforce (kj force) says

• brittvan22 profile image

brittvan22 4 years ago

People should take more care in what they say, I agree with you, so sorry for your losses. That is beautiful. For me, I lost 3 VIP in 3 months, Mom and 2 uncles; some of the words made me want to clock them and say really? Thank for your input!

brittvan22 profile image75

brittvan22 says

Starmom41 says

• brittvan22 profile image

brittvan22 4 years ago

Yes those were the thop three ones that I thought were going to make me scream.

LikaMarie says