Julie Troy profile image 59

How long does it take a nerve to regenerate on a cut thumb?

I CUT MY THUMB LOW ON THE PALM SIDE.ABOUT 2 IN ACROSS IN A UPWARD SLICE, CUTTING WATERMELON. I KNOW I CUT A NERVE. HALF OF MY THUMB IS NUMB.BUT NOT JUST NUMB IF I TOUCH ANY PART OF THE NUMB AREA IT SENDS ME THREW THE ROOF LIKE I JUST HIT THE NERVE AGAIN. WILL THE PAIN TO TOUCH GO AWAY ONCE THE NERVE HEALS ITSELF? AND HOW LONG DOES THAT TAKE? AS ITS ONLY BEEN 1 WEEK. I CAN MOVE AND BEND IT BUT DONT WANT TO DISTURB ITS HEALING PROCESS SHOULD I MOBILIZE IT? AND FOR HOW LONG? IM WORRIED EVERYTIME I MOVE IT JUST A LITTLE IT WILL UNDO ALL THE PROGRESS OF THE NERVE REGENERATING. HELP PLEASE !!!!

CWanamaker profile image99

CWanamaker says

• Julie Troy profile image

Julie Troy 3 years ago

DID SHE ALSO HAVE THE PAIN TO TOUCH THE NUMB AREA?VERY PAINFUL. AND IF SO WHAT KIND OF PAIN DOES SHE GET NOW WITH USE? MINE IS LIKE HITTING A NERVE EVERYTIME I LIGHTLY TOUCH IT. ITS ONLY BEEN A WEEK AND THERES STILL SOME SWELLING.