jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (6 posts)

In Search of Near Physical Immortality on Earth

1. gmwilliams profile image81
    gmwilliamsposted 5 years ago

According to  Dr.Aubrey  DeGray, English author/gerontologist, there will be a probability either in the near and/or far future that mankind will probably live to be a 1000 years of age without none of the typical infirmities associated with old age.   Medical and scientific research are constantly done to study the reason why humankind ages in order to find ways to slow down aging through robotic body parts and/or other invasive body therapies.     Do you agree with the premise that humankind will be living to extremely advanced ages without the typical infirmities associated with old age?    What would be the ethical implications regarding this?

2. Alvinet profile image62
    Alvinetposted 2 years ago

I have no doubt that there is such possibility to have a long live like matuzalem smile.

If life of some mammals can be double it can be done also in human also.

3. profile image0
    Deborah Sextonposted 2 years ago

Well, until they discover the source of certain diseases, and find a cure, this will never happen.
    They are so far from a cure for illnesses such as Multiple Sclerosis, cancer, and other debilitating diseases, I don't know how they can predict this.
    When you've seen as many people die, as I have, you would question this too

4. Alvinet profile image62

I hope I will never see it.
    But anyway in my opinion finding a cure for some of illnesses like cancer is more difficult than increasing lifespan because as I can see there is more factors affecting certain diseases than those having impact on life length. But of course it is only my opinion smile.

1. profile image0
      Deborah Sextonposted 2 years agoin reply to this

But those diseases kill most people, so they can't have an increased life span. Maybe a few can, those not riddled with disease anyway.
      I wouldn't want to live forever in a world as evil as it is, God took that away from man, for the same reason

5. Alvinet profile image62

I think it would be the same like it is today. People with disease like cancer die at the age of ...-20,30..  and those without can live even 120. So after invention how to live longer let say statistically 70-90 now to 300-350 later, people will die at 100 ( let say with cancer) and those without can live 300.
    I don't know if there is a God but if He is and gave us free Will it could be He's will what we do either. I mean willing to live healthy and longer.

working