jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Tips for Belly Dance Beginners

1. gamergirl profile image61
    gamergirlposted 8 years ago

Tips for Belly Dance Beginners

2. Najah Jayne profile image62
    Najah Jayneposted 8 years ago

I believe I COULD answer this "question"--if you would please ASK an actual question, or indicate what kind of information you would like!  Check soon for my new Hub on "How to Find, Make or Buy Your First Belly Dance Costume."

3. Penina profile image56
    Peninaposted 8 years ago

Well Let's see. In general terms I would say if your question is in relation to a beginner's outlook on belly dancing, have a great attitude leave your self conscience out of the door. Keep your head up, laugh at yourself when you feel silly. If you have access to Fit TV I would say start with the show call "Shimmy" (check on line for time and scheduling). If you don't have a beaded hip scarf, use any scarf with fringes. Relax and have fun!

4. Marisa Wright profile image98
    Marisa Wrightposted 7 years ago

Just updated this Hub to answer that question

http://hubpages.com/hub/Teach-Yourself- … ng-at-Home

5. Jaynie2000 profile image93
    Jaynie2000posted 7 years ago

I had a Moroccan themed birthday party a couple years ago for which I hired a belly dancer. She gave basic lessons at the end that had everyone shaking their stuff. It was great fun! I also learned that traditional belly dancers do not actually have tiny flat little bellies like in the movies. They are actually a bit more curvaceous, which is perfect for me!

working