jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Do you dream in color??? If so, which colors are most vivid?

1. Montana Farm Girl profile image59
    Montana Farm Girlposted 8 years ago

Do you dream in color???  If so, which colors are most vivid?

2. danmayerisgod profile image73
    danmayerisgodposted 8 years ago

I dream in color usually. None of the colors are especially vivid for me, but it's kind of unpredictable. I'm a lucid dreamer, so basically it's in realistic color as much as I want it to be. Nothing really stands out. But then, I live in the Northeast, where everything's washed-out and gray in real life, so no big surprise.

From what I've read, the majority of people (something like 65%) dream in black and white. So, dreaming in color isn't unheard of, but it's sort of uncommon.

3. seo_kid profile image51
    seo_kidposted 8 years ago

Truth.  Most of my dreams come in black and white too.  Sometimes Sepia, like when I dreamed of me fighting war in the desert.

4. Christa Dovel profile image82
    Christa Dovelposted 8 years ago

My dreams, at least all that I remember, have been in color.  They look no different than a TV screen, all colors being about equal.

That said, if a color really stands out, I have always assumed it to mean 'pay extra attention to this object/character.'  One dream in particular had many colorful antique cars in it, all had been restored to pristine condition, and all were used in an every day manner.  The cars, more than the people who drove them, were a key element in the dream.

5. Enigmatic Me profile image75
    Enigmatic Meposted 8 years ago

Well psychologically speaking we dream in red.
    We often attribute color and distinct patterns to the colors in our dreams once we are awake.

I've always felt that I dream in sepphia. The old orange tinge that you can see in old polaroids when the picture has the flash captured.

But hey, we dream the colors of our lives. Hopefully they are not all black. Otherwise what would we remember of the dreams?

6. Susana S profile image96
    Susana Sposted 8 years ago

This really interests me, as I've always dreamed in full colour and assumed everyone else did as well. I can remember a few sepia dreams (like old westerns), and dreams that have been set at night time have been in greyscale just like being awake at night is.

Why would we dream in black and white unless we had a very old fashioned tv and were used to seeing images in black and white?! It doesn't make sense to me, though I wouldn't argue with anyone who said they did experience black and white dreams.

I don't have any colours that are more vivid than any other most of the time, but when i do i pay particular attention to what the colour might mean in terms of interpretation.

Closed to reply