jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

i just became a vegitarian, and i was wondering should i take suppliments ?

1. profile image43
    amandalneepposted 8 years ago

i just became a vegitarian, and i was wondering should i take suppliments ?

i'm not sure if i should take vitamins or just get all my nutriants from food i eat

2. dabeaner profile image57
    dabeanerposted 8 years ago

The best supplements are natural foods coming from cattle (beef), sheep (lamb), hogs (pork), birds (chicken, turkey...), fish (tuna, with a little dolphin mixed in...).

3. cathybaker profile image56
    cathybakerposted 8 years ago

Yes! It is very important that you get ALL the nutrients your body needs to function properly.

Read this to find out why...
    http://www.squidoo.com/wellness-4

4. kerryg profile image87
    kerrygposted 8 years ago

The short answer is no, if you eat a healthy, balanced vegetarian diet, you do not need to take health supplements such as multivitamins.  The long answer will take up the rest of this hub.  In reality, whether you need health supplements on a... read more

5. Cam Anju profile image74
    Cam Anjuposted 8 years ago

No, eating a balanced diet of nuts, fruits and vegetables your body will get what it needs. However you want to make sure you eat RAW, if not the stuff you need in them is cooked out and then yes, you do. Just remember that your body is addicted to cooked foods and if you start eating raw you body will act like it's hungry for a few days to a week and if you just keep on the raw it will go away... because it's not hunger it's addiction.

6. expectus profile image89
    expectusposted 8 years ago

I think the most important thing you need to monitor is your B vitamins as this is one area vegetarians can become deficient in, other than that a regular multivitamin should be fine, there are some amazing vegetarian products out there you can get your nutrients from

my favourite are barley grass, maca root, spirulina

working