jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

how to help a friend get over death

1. nikki-duncan profile image48
    nikki-duncanposted 8 years ago

how to help a friend get over death

cant ge over the death and hate to see that person that way

2. Darrell Roberts profile image71
    Darrell Robertsposted 8 years ago

There is no overcoming physical Death in a physical world. Birth, old age, sickness, and Death are the reality of all physical beings. Overcoming Death is an illusion. What I can offer you is how to appreciate life. Love every moment and live in... read more

3. rosariomontenegro profile image69
    rosariomontenegroposted 8 years ago

Nikki, your friend, I assume, can't get over the death of a person he/she loved.
    This is a very difficult subject, there are no easy answers.
    If your friend could find somebody to do some EMDR (you can read my hub about it) on the topics that hurt more.
    He needs to analyze the various moments that hit more right now his memory with pain. For instance if he saw the person actually die, then this is a very traumatic memory. Or the moment when he first learned of the loss. Or the moment when he first understood that the person was going to die.
    These memories have to be worked with through EMDR (this is the easiest method), at least 3 treatments for each question.
    The pain won't go away, but the bitter edge will get blurred, it can become painful sweet memories of the person he loved instead of bitter pain.
    And then just assure him that time is the great healer, he will need some patience with his own pain.

4. Ladybythelake55 profile image57
    Ladybythelake55posted 8 years ago

A True friend will be there to give their friend support that they need and they will not turn their back on them. True friendship is guided by love and knowing that the other friend is going to be there thick and thin for the person.

working