jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Why we need to drink water in empty stomach? Is it really benefiting for health?

1. sarovai profile image76
    sarovaiposted 8 years ago

Why we need to drink water in empty stomach? Is it really benefiting for health?

2. natureheals profile image81
    naturehealsposted 8 years ago

Drinking water according to the Japanese water therapy is indeed beneficial. I have been doing it until these days, too. smile

From my point of view, the reason that we need to drink water in empty stomach because it is the time that you will not have a digestion problem.  If you have just eaten and drink lots of water afterward, you may feel heavy and uneasy. Besides, the water that you drank will mix with acid in the stomach, make it less acidic, thus take more time in digestion and food might have some time to ferment and cause gas...

Drinking water is very beneficial. In fact, drinking enough water is neccessary for your health because our body is 66% water! big_smile

http://hubpages.com/hub/water-cure
    http://hubpages.com/hub/Find-the-best-s … king-water

3. akirchner profile image96
    akirchnerposted 7 years ago

I never thought about drinking water solely on an empty stomach but when I think about when I drink it, that is probably the only time that I do drink it!  I never drink much in terms of water or other beverages with a meal because it adds to a bloated feeling in my opinion.

I regularly drink 1-2 bottles of water between every meal and sip gradually as I work or do other things.  Drinking water between meals also curbs appetite and also rids your body of toxins.  In summertime in extreme heat, I find that it keeps me cooler as well and that I actually sweat less by drinking more water.

4. watergeek profile image98
    watergeekposted 5 years ago

Yes, drinking a lot of water when you eat does cause digestive problems. It dilutes the acids in your stomach that need to be a certain strength in order to fully digest the food. That dilution lasts until the leftover food reaches your large intestines, where excess water is reabsorbed, so leftover wastes can be eliminated. But along with the leftover wastes will go all the food that could have been digested, if your stomach acids had been strong enough. So you lose a lot of nutrition. The ideal amount of water to drink during a meal is about 1/2 a glass.

working