jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

How do you know if a package contains a Bomb.

1. skgrao profile image72
    skgraoposted 8 years ago

How do you know if a package contains a Bomb.

2. GAWjr profile image57
    GAWjrposted 8 years ago

skgrao,  I was on the US Army bomb squad for over 5 years.  And my quick answer is; there are a few things that may stand out at you.  For example:  The package has excess postage, and/or they used actual stamps on a parcel.  Next, if there's no return address, or the return address doesn't match the same city as the postmark. Or, if the address label is poorly written, or has misspellings.  Also, you may notice oil stains or grease marks on the package.  It may have a funny smell. These are the first things that should tip you off, that may make you suspect somethings up.
    Next the best thing to do is call Police K-9 to bring a qualified explosive sniffing dog.  Then if the dog alerts, call (EOD), they will come and x-ray it.  By then it's all out of your hands anyway.  If you want to know what may happen next, you know how to find me on Hubpages.

3. Sandra Simmons profile image59
    Sandra Simmonsposted 8 years ago

Obviously, call the bomb squad and have it checked out.

Answering this question with actual data could be helpful to someone who is building bombs and planning on mailing them in packages. I wouldn't want to help them to find out how to conceal the fact that their package to someone else contains a bomb.

4. Cyrellys profile image81
    Cyrellysposted 8 years ago

um, go out in your backyard build an automatic baseball batting machine with a timer dial to set a delay on the clutch.  Outfit it with that really neat bat you keep on the rack over your desk.  You know, the one signed by that guy on the Seattle team you can never remember the name of anyway. 

Just joking around of course...call the cops...let it be their problem.

Put your package on a narrow support post in front of the machine.  Line it up carefully so the machine can't swing a batters strike, set the timer for 10 or 15 seconds, flip the juice on the machine and RUN LIKE....bleep!

If you make it to safety and the bat connects soundly with nothing more than the sort of crunch or crash that occurs with your grandmother's austrian crystal punch bowl all doll'd up as your inheritance in a wrapping paper that suspiciously resembles paper grocery bags, then it is probably safe to say it wasn't a bomb.

5. DonnyBoy profile image57
    DonnyBoyposted 8 years ago

Shake it. But don't break it. Put your ear to it. Rub it, but it won't give you three wishes, and hopefully not stitches.

Closed to reply