jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Have you ever had a package delivered to your house that was not for you. What d

1. iggy7117 profile image80
    iggy7117posted 2 years ago

Have you ever had a package delivered to your house that was not for you. What did you do with it?

2. manatita44 profile image82
    manatita44posted 2 years ago

The first time I went to look for the neighbors but could not find them. I rang up the delivery people and surprise, surprise, they said that I could keep it. I looked for them again. The street was correct but the number did not exist. I believe I threw it away after some weeks.

The second time I knew the person and sent it on. Never a good thing to take other people's gifts, as it may happen to you too. Not a reason really, it is truly beautiful to be decent. It brings joy to the Heart.

3. VerityPrice profile image92
    VerityPriceposted 2 years ago

This happens to me quite often, I am always getting packages/mail for people who don't live here.

If it's a case of wrong door number, I'll just pop along and give it to whoever it should have been given to. Otherwise I cross out the address and write "Not at this address. Return to sender" on it, and give it either to the postman or to the post office and let them deal with it smile

4. bradmasterOCcal profile image28
    bradmasterOCcalposted 2 years ago

I sent it back.
    I once was following a person who dropped a $100 bill, and I called his attention to it.
    Perhaps, the winfall just wasn't enough.

5. tamarawilhite profile image92
    tamarawilhiteposted 2 years ago

We moved into a new house, bought from a couple that sold it for retirement. The wife had dementia, and she didn't update their address in various online ordering systems for months.
    When she first ordered some art, I begged the delivery group to take it back and they did. Then one day, this wall sized painting arrived when I wasn't home. I had to take it to FedEx and pay to ship it back to the seller since we didn't have the prior owners' new address.