jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (10 posts)

What do you do when your confused and stuck in an emotional rut?

1. ARISTOLE profile image55
    ARISTOLEposted 8 years ago

What do you do when your confused and stuck in an emotional rut?

There are so many obstacles in life.

2. profile image50
    idealsposted 8 years ago

cry aloud and then distract yourself in doing something you like the most,maybe read a book,watch a movie.....
    let yourself calm down before you try answer your question.

3. aneka profile image58
    anekaposted 8 years ago

Start chanting,"nam-myoho-renge-kyo'.  This is a powerful, universal Buddhist practice which promotes self realization and self transformation.  This helps people work through and overcome their suffering and life's obstacles.  It promotes, enlightenment, protection, confidence, well being, possitive thoughts and world peace. 

It is not good to chant alone all the time though.  Find a local center which practices this form of Buddhism.  Chanting is more powerful when done in groups.  Just google the lettters "sgi" and a geographic area such as yur city, state, country, territory.  This practice exists in 192 countries. 

You must want to change and this practice  helps.  The support and mentoring of other members will help as well.

4. fred hensel profile image52
    fred henselposted 8 years ago

You have to make decisions. In order to do that you need to sort out what representartions of the problem are in your head. Many times your to closeto the trees to see the forest. As a LIfe Coach that is why many of my clients seek me out.

5. profile image0
    BIKTMIAposted 8 years ago

Look to positive inspirational sources non sarcastic, after all who wants to be even more down than you are.

6. Absent Seraph profile image55
    Absent Seraphposted 8 years ago

mrs. obvious, i'm curious...who wrote the bible?

aristole, i think we all have our own ways of working through things. try to remember that most people go through the same things...albeit for different reasons. i find that focusing on what's really bothering me and processing it works for me...but like i said, we all have our resources. find an outlet. whatever helps you get the negativity out. i send peaceful thoughts...

7. H P Roychoudhury profile image48
    H P Roychoudhuryposted 8 years ago

You must be quiet and keep yourself alone for a while. Give time to settle all emotions of mind. Afterwards think the logic of down turn. Try to rectify the same and come forward with better confidence.

8. profile image0
    Dog On A Missionposted 7 years ago

Examine the thought process and experiences that trigger your emotions.

If you want to feel differently, you will have to change your enviroment, change your behavior or change the way you think about the world.

9. rainstreet profile image56
    rainstreetposted 7 years ago

follow the rut, maybe it leads somewhere interesting.

10. musicma88 profile image60
    musicma88posted 7 years ago

Hello Aristotle.
    Your question is one which I am sure many people would like an answer to.
    Take a moment and look at your wording," confused and stuck"
    The state of being confused, can be the cause of the state of being stuck. Attempting to focus on several different things all at the same time can create a state of confusion, weakness and emotional paralysis,(being  stuck).
    Journaling is a great way to just literally dump everything which is driving your thoughts on to paper. Literally capture your thoughts. This will also calm you, and send a signal to your mind that you are aware of your thoughts, and in the process of taking action. Then pick one thing to focus on at a time. Putting one foot in front of the other one step at a time, focusing on one priorty at a time is a great way to get unstuck and will affect your entire emotional state positively.
    I can only write so much in this space but I hope this helps.
    Breathing and centering are key also,