jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

How do you deal with bad times - eat, sleep, drink or other?

1. elayne001 profile image72
    elayne001posted 8 years ago

How do you deal with bad times - eat, sleep, drink or other?

2. Rangerwife profile image56
    Rangerwifeposted 8 years ago

I pray and try to keep busy.  It's easier if you don't dwell on the bad or hard things.

3. goldenpath profile image73
    goldenpathposted 8 years ago

I find that a comfortable couch, a nice sci fi movie and an oversize mug of hot cocoa can always help put things in proper perspective.  Especially after counseling with adults and youth and hearing the massive problems they deal with day in and day out.  Yep, cocoa's the ticket!

4. DaniellaWood profile image83
    DaniellaWoodposted 8 years ago

Whether it be relaxing after a hard day's work or trying to calm your nerves down before the show, relaxtion is a technique and, more importantly, a skill that we can aquire once we know how to do it properly. There's no point in telling someone to,... read more

5. Gregg Biancci profile image61
    Gregg Biancciposted 8 years ago

I usually clean and try to think about solutions to my problems while doing so.  I find that as soon as I start being productive my mind starts to sort through my stress issue(s), organizes what can be done about the issue(s) and finally how to solve the issue(s).

6. Zakmoonbeam profile image95
    Zakmoonbeamposted 7 years ago

Good question. I went through several phases in dealing with hard times.  I tried buying things to cheer myself up.  That only began a cycle of spend and guilt, which led to depression.  Food and alcohol became the next crutches for years to come.

I broke that cycle after a ruptured disc in my lower spine that needed surgery.  Now I think things through, avoid booze and fatty foods, and use a nice walk in the forest to get my brain working !

7. puregrace profile image68
    puregraceposted 7 years ago

I run to the one who saved me from my sin, and has brought the bad time into my life for a purpose.
    He wants me only to look to Him for help.
    And He always gives it to me - not always in the way I would have chosen, but He always gives it to me.
    In time, I see the good He has chosen for me through the bad time.
    And I am slowly learning that I truly am a pilgrim in this land, being made ready for the life after this one, life in the Celestial City with my Savior, and the Great King of this universe.

working