jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)

What is the best home remedy for bronchitis and sinus infection?

1. anisetta profile image52
    anisettaposted 8 years ago

What is the best home remedy for bronchitis and sinus infection?

Is there one?

2. Silver Poet profile image74
    Silver Poetposted 8 years ago

Saline nasal spray, Vicks vapor rub, drinking plenty of fluids, and rest.

3. healthy8drian profile image35
    healthy8drianposted 8 years ago

i have found the best thing for any physical problems including bronchitis and sinus infection is EFT. If you haven't heard of it before, have a look at this video http://www.emofree.com/splash/video_popup.asp

4. entconsult profile image74
    entconsultposted 7 years ago

In Bronchitis and Sinus disease you have the nasal and bronchial cilia moving too slowly or not at all. To get the cilia moving drink HUGE amounts of tea (black or green) tea with lemon and honey. Bronchitis needs fluids/liquids so inhale steam with your tongue out. Vaporize at night. Add lemon or lime and honey to your drinking water too.
    Pulsatile irrigation is best for restoring nasal cilia . See this video
    http://hydromedonline.com/HydroPulseWEB_Sm.mov

Is it bronchitis or asthma? Check with your doctor; treatments are different

5. badegg profile image78
    badeggposted 7 years ago

Drinking a honey lemon mixture of tea is a good idea, but add a half teaspoon of cayenne pepper to it. It is not as hot as you think in tea form and helps clear the sinus membranes.

Cayenne is also great if you are feeling the flu coming on. Mix a teaspoon of honey with an equal amount of cayenne and stir into a paste. It is not hot, it tastes like a sweet chile candy. It will get you back on your feet and the effects will last about three or four hours, then you can do it again.

6. profile image47
    Frank23231posted 7 years ago

Usually bronchitis has no such symptoms.It is the inflammation of bronchus mainly by respiratory tract infection or by any irritation or inhalation of fumes
    http://www.bronchitissymptomsonline.com/

7. anisetta profile image52
    anisettaposted 7 years ago

Thank you for all your responses.

Yes I have asthma, thus I suffer from respiratory problems quite often. The clima changes and I suffer, someone around me is sick, I get sick. I get near animals - cats and dogs that do not take a shower, I get sick too.

I am sick as I write this - have a cold and the wheezing on my chest.  It is because I am sick too often that I would very much like to find a home remedy to avoid all the drugs doctors prescribe when I get a bad case of bronchitis.

I appreciate your answers so much!

8. artist101 profile image67
    artist101posted 5 years ago

Oil of oregano is the best remedy for bronchitis.  1 drop under the tongue three times a day. It will also help with sinus infection.
    Seagate grapefruit seed extract and olive leaf nasal spray 2 puffs each nosrtil 3x a day.
    Oil of oregano is an anti biotic, as well as grapefruit seed extract and olive leaf. By taking it orally and by applying to the sinuses, it will dispell the illness quicker.
    Vicks vapo rub, on the chest area at night, as long as you are not allergic to menthol. Is a cough supressant, and will help to open up air ways.
    A vaporizer during the day, will help to loosen the mucus. Spit out mucus, do not swallow, dispose of the kleenex by flushing. Bronchitis is highly contagious.

working