jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

my wisdom tooth is broken in half i can see the nerve .can i pull the nerve out

1. profile image43
    sotabulusposted 8 years ago

my wisdom tooth is broken in half i can see the nerve .can i pull the nerve out and relieve my pain

2. aidenofthetower profile image80
    aidenofthetowerposted 8 years ago

This certainly sounds like a terrible situation, however, you can't pull the nerve out because it is connected to the rest of your nervous system. It would also be more painful then what you are experiencing now and it could cause permanent damage, which could also cause you pain the rest of your life.

3. relache profile image87
    relacheposted 8 years ago

If you try and pull the nerve out, you will not only cause yourself even more pain, but most likely cause further complications to your dental health.

You need to see a dentist immediately.  Call your dentist and tell them what's happening and they will get you an emergency appointment.  If you get an infection, it can too easily move deeper into the body or become much worse.

4. profile image50
    DanielleNicoleQposted 7 years ago

No, no no! Depending on how old you are, pulling on a nerve can result in total loss of feeling in the area it is in. The one twisted in with the wisdom teeth can cause the entire lower part of your face to go numb, along with your bottom lip.

5. badegg profile image78
    badeggposted 7 years ago

Only if you want to experience a newer and more intense sensation of pain. Go see a dentist!

6. teresapelka profile image56
    teresapelkaposted 5 years ago

Stop confabulating. The pain would not let you write the question.

As for balooney - sure, just pull the nerve out; what are waiting for?

wink wink wink

working