How To Live With Hypo-Thyroid Disease

Jump to Last Post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)
  1. frogdropping profile image85
    frogdroppingposted 8 years ago

How To Live With Hypo-Thyroid Disease

2. billysu profile image54
    billysuposted 8 years ago

After a random stranger incident, I had to have a lot of immunisations. My system could not cope and some time later, following routine bloods, I was declared as someone with hypothyroidism. I hate isms. I was then given free prescriptions and put on regular thyroxine.

I guess everyone is different. I find that taking anything regularly messes up my head - and since my hypo diagnosis, my head is even more messed up than it used to be.

Sometimes I wonder of it is indeed my poor thyroid function that is the cause of some of my idiosyncrasies. Or is it just me? Odd little me. Perhaps it is a bit of both.

I rely on someone else to remind/ensure/confirm that I have taken my daily dose of thyroxine. My memory is rubbish now. I used to take my pills at night but would easily sleep until midday, so changed to taking it in the morning. Not sure if there is a better option, but I'm coping with it now.

I get so cold at times I think I'm going to die slowly. Then I get extremely hot. And then both at the same time. Especially while out driving in the car. I am impossible to keep at the right temperature.

My sleep pattern is wrecked. I used to sleep sweetly and went to bed late but not this late. I regularly get to bed at around 3am, often later. I will need a will of iron to change this around.

Still, for the moment I keep taking my little white pills. More another day, perhaps, but not today. I am beginning to sound rather depressed! Thanks for asking anyway :-)

3. Frank Menchise profile image26
    Frank Menchiseposted 8 years ago

I have had Hypo-Thyroid Disease too for years, so , I know and understand what you are saying to a point. It seems to me that you do not take your Roxine regularly and this may cause those hot and cold feelings. Let me describe to you my own feelings when I started on Roxine; Soon after I took my first medicine I started feeling hot and I new that it was the medicine and it was a good feeling since it brought me back to normal.
    Ask your doctor to show you what is the level of your thyroid hormone, then you may understand why you feel the way you feel. And why you need to take those white little pills.
    Any other disturbing feelings may be due to other causes, think about it?

4. She-rah profile image73
    She-rahposted 8 years ago

I am considered autoimmune in many different ways. Not just one condition but several.  I'm not sure about living with hypothyroid disease but through my research, I've read alot about natural treatments for it. One of the biggest ones that I remember is Extra Virgin Coconut Oil (organic) and people that have been on thyroxine have been able to stop taking it after starting the coconut oil. I do believe another one is Lugol's iodine or Sea Kelp but this one may be for hyperthyroid. You would have to look into it further but there is a ton of great info on natural treatments and cures for this condition. By the way, I am now autoimmune because of prescription drugs and regular immunizations causing severe genetic weaknesses to surface. The doctors and health clinics don't warn anyone about these kinds of things! A good website with unbiased testimonies is: www.earthclinic.com

5. shellyblossom profile image65
    shellyblossomposted 8 years ago

It's not so bad! As long as your thyroid levels are good, you will be good. If you allow stress to be in your life, this too, will mess with your levels, trust me, I have been going through my share of stuff,I have allowed stress in my life. My levels have been off of kilter for a year now, plus the natural thyroid (made from pigs thyroid)I was taking for the past 10 years, got discontinued. Once we got the level right the company discountued my strength. It's up, it's down, blood work every three months.
    I can always tell when mine isn't right. Insomnia, freezing, over heating, irritable!
    I had thyroid cancer when I was 7, I am 47 now! I have been on thyroid all my life. My mom used to put my thyroid pill in my toast so I would take it.
    Always take your thyroid medicine, it's tiny, it's one of the cheepest medications you may have to buy. When you don't take your pill regularly, it will throw your whole system off. It's easier to just take it. Once it's under control, you go to the doctor once a year and you get blood work done, then you are good to go.
    I forgot, dry skin and dry hair is another symptom of having hypo thyroidism.
    Good luck, it's not so bad!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://hubpages.com/privacy-policy#gdpr

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)