jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Hoe to quit smoking?

1. jabelufiroz profile image71
    jabelufirozposted 8 years ago

Hoe to quit smoking?

2. WebbyAvatar profile image56
    WebbyAvatarposted 8 years ago

I think will power is the key, and keep reminding to yourself about the harm caused by smoking.

You might want to read this hub, by Whitney05:

3. PMS9 profile image75
    PMS9posted 8 years ago

Try to quite at least one week.. because the effect of nikotin which attract to smoke every time remains for one week in your body. So try to quite slowly day by day.

4. sasanqua profile image80
    sasanquaposted 8 years ago

Do it gradually. Work out how many cigarettes you smoke each day, and then decrease this by one per day, or by one every few days, whatever works for you.

5. Max Lehmann profile image68
    Max Lehmannposted 8 years ago

Find an incentive! Ask your family to nag you if you think that will work. Save the money you were about to spend on cigarettes and count it regularly, if you're financially motivated. If you are addicted to the nicotine then try getting nicotine patches so you don't feel the need for cigarettes. Depending where you live, you might be able to get free help if you go to your doctor.

6. kweenie profile image53
    kweenieposted 8 years ago

I was a pack a day smoker for over 25 yrs I have been a non smoker (with a house full of smokers) now since oct. 2009 today is feb 24 2010 how did I quit CHANTEX contact your doctor for a scrip. it is covered by most insurances good luck it is worth it oh and by the way the urge to lite up only lasts for about 4 mins so when you feel that urge do something else to occupy that time ----everytime it does work too but CHANTEX curbs those urges greatly again good luck make a list of all the reasons you should and want to quit for read it all the time

Closed to reply