what is it called when the eyeball moves constantly never stopping and i donot m

Jump to Last Post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)
  1. profile image50
    kristihermes1posted 9 years ago

    what is it called when the eyeball moves constantly never stopping and i donot mean the eye lids.

    eyeball constantly moves without stopping, not refering to the eyelids..

  2. Wealthmadehealthy profile image58
    Wealthmadehealthyposted 9 years ago

    Twitching of the eye almost always occurs in the muscles of the eyelid. Because they press on the eye it may feel as though the eyeball itself is moving Minor eyelid twitches require no treatment as they usually resolve spontaneously. Reducing stress, using warm soaks, in some cases it occurs because of irritation in the eye, which results in twitching of the eyelid. However, if the eye is comfortable it is more likely that it is a simple muscle spasm, which may be related to stress or fatigue or in, many cases happen spontaneously without any known cause. Eye Twitching should resolve on its own it does not it certainly is worth a comprehensive eye examination to ensure that no other problem is occurring in the eye.

    I found this answer when I googled eyball twitching.  Sometimes it can be when your eyes have been strained, my eyes do that sometimes after I have been on the computer for hours in low light.

  3. chrisdemarco profile image61
    chrisdemarcoposted 9 years ago

    I'm a little confused on what specifically you are asking.  Are you referring to the phase of sleep where the eyeballs enter a state of constant and rapid movement?  If so, that is known as REM (Rapid Eye Movement) Sleep.

    If not, could you please be a little more specific?

  4. profile image50
    kristihermes1posted 9 years ago

    Hi i do appreciate your response, its my boyfriends eyes and his eyes are never not moving as its not only in sleep but when he is wide awake his eyeballs are constantly moving back and forth. its almost like he is crosseyed but he isnt, their very strange looking. Im told this is a rare condition that over 1 in 1000 have it i guess and i think its possibly genetic but i would really like to know more about it and what his options are?

  5. Daughter Of Maat profile image96
    Daughter Of Maatposted 7 years ago

    It's called nystagmus. It is a constant movement of the eyes, either horizontally or vertically. Vertically is rare, nystagmus is typically horizontal. The disorder is usualy caused by a neuological or other systemic issue.

  6. docashp profile image62
    docashpposted 23 months ago

    It is nystagmus ,the vertical or horizontal movement of the eyes.It can be tested by putting cold and warm water in the ears known as the caloric test, remembered by the mnemonic COWS- cold water opposite side eye movement and warm water same side.It may be physiological and pathological.The disease conditions causing it are not limited to the eyes and may be caused by systemic disease also.


This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://hubpages.com/privacy-policy#gdpr

Show Details
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)