jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (9 posts)

How do you stop your eye from twitching?

1. MarleneB profile image97
    MarleneBposted 3 years ago

How do you stop your eye from twitching?

My eye is twitching and I want it to stop. Do you have any remedies for stopping your eye from twitching?

2. M. T. Dremer profile image94
    M. T. Dremerposted 3 years ago

I don't know about any remedies, but it's probably a symptom of a different problem (like a lack of sleep). My eye often twitched when I would go to bed late and get up early. Try getting a little more sleep and it might resolve itself.

MarleneBposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Interesting point. Now that you mention it, I went to bed late last night and got up early this morning. So, lack of sleep could very well be the cause of the twitching.

3. The Examiner-1 profile image75
    The Examiner-1posted 3 years ago

I relax it and mentally tell it to stop twitching. It is all mental, nerves and controllable.

Thank you The Examiner-1. I will try to relax a little bit more. It has been twitching for hours.

2. The Examiner-1 profile image75
      The Examiner-1posted 3 years agoin reply to this

You are welcome Marlene.

4. peachpurple profile image82
    peachpurpleposted 3 years ago

when my eyes twitches, I pull my eyelids like mr bean did and let it go. It snaps and stopped twiching

1. The Examiner-1 profile image75
      The Examiner-1posted 3 years agoin reply to this

When I pull my eyelids, the lashes come out.

2. MarleneB profile image97

Hi peachpurple, my eye stopped twitching for a short while and then started back again. I'm going to try your method now. I think I need more sleep, need to relax, and pull my eyelids. At this point, anything is worth trying. Thank you for your idea.

working