jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Is it possible I lost weight from being a vegitarian?

1. ii3rittles profile image82
    ii3rittlesposted 7 years ago

Is it possible I lost weight from being a vegitarian?

I was a vegitarian for a few years. I was at my lowest weight in years. I weighed between 120-130lbs. it would always go up and down. Then I started to eat meat and went up to 150lbs. I then begane to eat less meat nd desided to become a veggitarian again. In about 3 months I lost 15lbs, then over a little longer time, lost 10 more. I was back at 125lbs. Then I started to eat meat around this time last year and now weigh 150 again. Is it possible my weight loss and gain had to do with eating or not eating meat?

2. browsed profile image60
    browsedposted 7 years ago

I have seen many vegetarians who get fatter consuming vegetble dishes.

Meat and Vegetables can make you fat.

What you should do is control your diet and the amount of food you consume.

3. DJJelks profile image56
    DJJelksposted 7 years ago

Yes meat has a lot of fat in it so you can loose weight.

4. Patti Ann profile image60
    Patti Annposted 7 years ago

I also lose weight when I eat a vegetarian diet - right now I am eating a vegan diet and I am dropping quite a few pounds - feel better too!!

5. personaltraining profile image51
    personaltrainingposted 7 years ago

it makes sense to me.

a good vegetarian diet will (obviously) contain a lot of fresh vegetables. These satisfy your hunger without really containing a lot of calories. Also a vegetarian diet is often high in fibre which is a good thing for various reasons.

Of course the complete absence of animal fats is a VERY good thing for weight loss and health in general.

Closed to reply