jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

IS IT REALLY POSSIBLE AT 45 YEARS OF AGE TO SAFELY LOSE 150 POUNDS AND BE PHYSIC

1. profile image48
    SPARKLES1965posted 7 years ago

IS IT REALLY POSSIBLE AT 45 YEARS OF AGE TO SAFELY LOSE 150 POUNDS AND BE PHYSICALLY FIT? HELP

2. relache profile image88
    relacheposted 7 years ago

That would depend on 1) what your starting weight is and 2) what other health conditions or concerns might be involved.

If you need to lose that much weight, no matter what your age, you should make sure you are under a doctor's supervision.

3. RevLady profile image61
    RevLadyposted 7 years ago

I agree with relache. You are still relatively young so under the supervision of a nutritionist or physican, I believe you can do fine. Be sure it is slow weight loss. Losing too much weight too quickly can have negative effects.

Also, together with the aforementioned, discuss with your primary care provider what may be an appropriate and comfortable exercise regime to follow.

4. personaltraining profile image51
    personaltrainingposted 7 years ago

absolutely.

45 isn't very old. In fact I just saw a story about a 73 year old grandmother who looks more fit and lean than I do, so I need to start lifting my game a little.

Start by just going for a walk every day. Cut out junk food as much as you can. Treat yourself once in a while but make it once a week, not once a day! Remember you don't have to try to train like an elite athlete from day one, you just have to get active, make sensible food choices and the weight WILL start to come off.

working